|Job Ref:||10706BR||Employer:||MWH||Country:||India||City:||Pune||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 04:02|
The Pune Regional Discipline Leader (RDL) will be accountable for the technical development of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineers and Designers, project delivery, staff management, mentoring, training, overall performance and technical delivery of the E&IC team, working closely with the lead E&IC engineer in each of the regions. RDL is also expected to be an ambassador for the ResourceNet (RNet) E&IC group, meet project & client expectations and promote a continually improving performance of the Pune teams to our regional partners and customers for technical delivery. |
Key responsibilities -
- Supervise technical development of Electrical and Instrumentation staff
- Advancing technical excellence and delivery, by influencing and mentoring the discipline staff
- Work in collaboration with Pune and regional E&IC leads for overall group management and project execution
- Ensure the use of consistent design standards and best practices on projects in line with the technical direction of the discipline. Participate and implement design reviews and HAZOP
- Implement training and development plan for the teams
- Implement the quality programs, DESIGN Framework and Knowledge re-use within the discipline
- Mentorship of the teams and succession planning of the regional teams
- Workload management, staffing and project resourcing for the discipline
- Project budgeting and accountability
- Motivate and guide team members to obtain their professional accreditation
- Professionally qualified Engineer, preferably with a Master's degree in Electrical / Instrumentation Controls Engineering
- 15+ years of experience working on and managing Electrical & Instrumentation Controls Engineering projects involving
- Electrical Design of Low / Medium Voltage power distribution schemes for process industries ( WTP, WWTP, pump station. is preferred) involving MV/LV/HV switchboard sizing
- Protection Relay schemes, distribution Transformer sizing, LV/MV/HV Switchgear selection, LV MCC, Aux Distribution Board sizing, Interior / exterior/ Roadways lighting schemes, including luminaire selection for various environments and lighting control schemes
- Preparation of Load schedule, cables, conduit, cable tray, raceway sizing and routing, Lighting, Lightning systems calculations and design, Earthing calculations, Earthing / Lightning Layouts, SLD, Voltage drop and power factor improvement calculations, MD calculations, Load Flow study, Fault level calculations (using ETAP / SKM / ERACS software), Protection Relay co-ordination. Arc Flash Analysis and mitigation techniques
- Exposure to design of Overhead Transmission Line (within premises), 2 Pole/ 4 pole structures, small substation layouts, coordination with utilities
- Design of Instrumentation and Control systems for WTP and WWTP, develop P&IDs, control system architecture for PLC, DCS, and SCADA based systems, loop diagrams, cable block diagrams for control cables, instrument location diagrams, instrument index, IO schedule, alarm schedule, cable schedule input to process engineers, control room and server room layouts and design operator consoles, instrument installation details / hook ups, instrument local control panel wiring diagram and layout details, safety and security systems including Fire, CCTV and access control systems.
- Prepare control strategy for plant automation, Level 1,2 and 3 Functional descriptions for system integrator, control system specifications, PLC & SCADA hardware and software Specifications and Instrument design specifications, instrumentation bill of material, work closely with Process engineer for control philosophy
- Knowledge of various communication systems and media such as Profibus, Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Ethernet, Fiber optic, telemetry etc. Instrument selections and developing detailed datasheets, reviewing vendor submittals according to design criteria. Should have field experience including site inspections, equipment commissioning and start-up, performance testing and FAT.
- Knowledge of codes from UK and America's preferred like IS/IEC/NFPA/IEEE standards and HSE guidelines.
- Global consultancy experience preferred
- Aware of quality management system and ISO 9001 requirements
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work in a highly matrixed MNC environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions independently and strong problem resolutions skills
- Overall knowledge of related disciplines like Civil, Process and Mechanical
- Experience in leading and delivering multi-discipline projects and active knowledge of project management protocols is preferred
- Professional accreditation in E&IC field is highly preferred
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)