|Job Ref:||2016-12278_Columbus||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||Ohio||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 05:01|
Staff Geotechnical Engineer|
*Job ID:* 2016-12278
*Area of Interest:* EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* Bachelors Degree
*Posted Date:* 10/11/2016
*Experience (Years):* 1
*SLP:* J2WGEOTECH, J2WPROJECTS
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earthâ€™s development while preserving earthâ€™s integrity. From more than 170 offices worldwide, our over 7000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Staff Geotechnical Engineer for the Columbus, Ohio location. Your primary responsibilities will include:
* Working with project teams on geological and geotechnical projects that involve field work, data evaluation, engineering analysis and report preparation.
* Conducting field assignments, such as geologic mapping, drilling supervision, borehole logging, test pit logging, site reconnaissance, and construction monitoring.
* Performing office tasks such as engineering analyses, engineering design, construction recommendations, and report preparation
Project assignments will include up to 50% national and international travel.
* Summarizing the findings of the field assignments for input into engineering reports
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Masterâ€™s in geological engineering or civil geotechnical engineering, or equivalency. Consideration may be given to candidate with a BS degree and 1-2 years of work experience;
* Strong computer skills and experience with industry standard commercial computer software including: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and/or various mining and geo-engineering software;
* Strong engineering skills and ability to complete geotechnical calculations and analysis.
Strong geologic field skills such as core logging, soil sampling, and groundwater sampling;
* Detailed oriented with strong analytical skill and a positive attitude as well as the ability to work both independently and on teams;
* Willingness to obtain 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training certification and to work on sites that are potentially impacted by releases of regulated chemicals;
* It is also beneficial to be comfortable in remote settings, with a can-do attitude, and a willingness to perform a variety of tasks as needed to complete an assignment and satisfy project demands;
* Must be eligible for employment in the U.S. and pass a pre-employment physical including drug screen and pre-employment background check;
* Relocation is not available for this position.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.