Thales is a global leader in cyber security products and services. Over 1,500 highly qualified cyber security experts handle national security in 50 countries, and critical information systems for over 100 clients. 80% of the largest banks, energy and aerospace organisations around the world rely on security delivered by Thales. |
With over 40 years of experience in Information Assurance and Security, Thales has an unrivalled understanding of the range of threats that UK and Global businesses and organisations face.
Thales Group aims to grow to €20bn revenues by 2020, with 20% of revenues coming from services. This approach requires the individual teams within Thales Cyber & Consulting (TC&C) to support the development and delivery of a consulting-led, client focussed expansion into each of Thales’ key markets – Defence, Security, Transport, Space and Aerospace.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
As a consultant within the Business Analysis & Change practice, you have the opportunity to help clients across a variety of exciting domains, spanning defence, government, critical infrastructure, digital transformation, and unmanned & autonomous systems. Under the banner of Decision-Support our consultants offer a range of value-add skills in these contexts, from initial problem scoping & strategy formulation, down to solution creation & evaluation through the application of innovative tools & techniques.
Joining us as a Consultant you will be required to:
- Provide up to date Data Analysis / Decision Support expertise as part of the Decision Support Team.
- Contribute to Bids and Proposals.
- In collaboration with the BAC practice leadership and team members;
- Develop business and win clients.
- Develop the future pipeline of BAC Consultancy opportunities.
- Develop TC&C capabilities into holistic consulting product/service solutions to meet domain and specific client needs.
- Maintain a personal high level and currency of Data Analysis related knowledge and competency (practice theory, techniques & applications) to meet the requirements of the post.
- Expected to work on customer sites on a routine basis.
- As a minimum, complete all client assignments to the measurable satisfaction of the customer and strive to achieve improvement.
- Write and /or support Bids and Proposals.
- Identify potential business development opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of Decision Support related and wider offerings.
- Experience of one or more of the following areas; Defence, Logistics, IT, Communications, Security and Resilience, Energy, Space or Transport.
- Experience of tools such as Anylogic, Simul8, VBA, Vensim, Equity, Enterprise Architect, etc.
- Project Management of Analysis / Decision Support focussed projects.
- Experience of facilitating workshops.
- A broad knowledge of decision support and analysis methods, tools and techniques such as:
- Cost modelling.
- Problem-structuring methodologies.
- Decision Support.
- Performance Management.
- Information Management.
- Experience in providing analytical consultancy to clients covering:
- Written reports.
- Developing analytical models.
- Consultancy Advice.
- Working with multiple analytical tools and techniques in varying domains, being a specialist in at least 1.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Defence/Other Govt. Depts./Space/Transport/Export Markets/Nuclear/Oil and Gas.
- Established network of contacts.
- Up-selling and cross-selling from within new and established accounts.
- Previous successful experience as a delivery consultant.
- Successful track record in leading Analysis / Decision Support projects.
- Previous experience in business development.
- Client management.
Values & Behaviours:
- Delivering on promises; deliver results.
- Creating a sense of urgency and excitement; supporting change for the better.
- Focussing on the needs of our internal and external customers.
- Working collaboratively; performing through teamwork.
- Taking responsibility.
- Being honest and courageous.
- Sharing knowledge and developing others.
- Communicating to engage.
- Effective leadership.
- Academic background with a Quantitative University qualification.
- Consulting skills / qualifications.
- Full and current driving licence.
- Prepared to be mobile.
- Due to the nature of the projects undertaken individuals must be eligible to attain security clearance (SC Level).