Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||SJCQS2306||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£ 350 - £ 400 per day, £350 - 400 per day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 00:22|
Quantity Surveyor - Water |
Role objective: The work will be predominantly based on a site in the Norfolk region but will on occasions be required to attend the main STS office on the Birmingham Business Park. The candidate will need solid working experience of NEC subcontracts and be able and willing to pick up a variety of tasks including some site supervisory tasks and be someone who can work independently.
The candidate must have water and wastewater experience and experience of working on MOD bases would be preferred. The candidate will have to be capable of and able to obtain full security clearance but STS will assist with that process.
Key accountabilities: • Liaison with the Project Manager, Client, Contractor including design team
• Management of sub-contractors
• Project cost control and project valuations
• Preparation of applications
• Management of downstream subcontractor compensation events
• Preparation and management of upstream claims
• Contract administration
• Preparation and issue of contractual letters and notices
• Project procurement directly and via the Procurement team
• Prepare and issue Project quotations and estimates
• Financial forecasting and reporting
• Take off quantities
• Site measurements
• Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
• Prepare and issue material supply enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
• Complete tender documents for issue to subcontractors and suppliers
• Prepare specifications and / or proposals
• Assess subcontractor tenders and quotations
• Post tender negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers
• Management of subcontractor applications and payments
• Preparation and management of final account
• Quantity Surveyor
• Good working knowledge and experience of NEC3
• Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement - SMM7 and CESMM3
• Main Contractor experience desirable
• Customer facing experience
• Must have excellent communications skills
• The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) preferred
• Current CSCS card holder
• Good IT skills, particularly Word and Excel
• Driving license
• High degree of personal motivation
• Presentable and articulate
• Good negotiator
• Commercially focused
• Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Flexible with regard to working across all areas of the business and hours of work
• Methodical and organised
Capabilities: Smart Influencing
• To involve others and get their input to ensure the best outcome for Severn Trent Services
• To make use of informal networks to get the right result for Severn Trent Services.
• To be skilful in utilising the best strategies to communicate both positive and challenging messages.
• Seek opportunities to publicise the achievements of the team, wider department and area supply chain.
• To tackle issues not directly related to your experience or remit by drawing on learned frameworks and approaches
• To make educated judgements and decisions in the face of ambiguity
• To be innovative and challenging by understanding the bigger picture
• Have a good understanding about your strengths and weaknesses and over time seek feedback to improve these.
• You are forward looking, proactive and positive
• You seek opportunities to contribute to the wider agenda
• You take personal accountability for mistakes, learn from them and move forward with new solutions
Additional Information: At Severn Trent Services, we understand water. That's why our products and services are used the world over. We manage and maintain water and wastewater plants and networks worldwide and our products and services are used the world over.
Due to the nature of our work all successful candidates may be subject to full security vetting, including a DBS check and Disclosure Scotland. Candidates may also be required to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years, dependent on the role.
Pre-employment screenings will be required for the successful candidate.
Severn Trent Services is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.