|Job Ref:||8538||Employer:||Canadian Natural Resources Limited||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Alberta||City:||Fort McMurray||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:00|
As a Rotating Equipment Specialist (Technologist - Rotating Equipment), you will be responsible for identifying and managing asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations with a primary focus on loss elimination, risk management, and life cycle asset management. This will involve making sound recommendations to support the goals of the Upgrading and Utilities (U2) management team, and to achieve the organizations key objectives in the areas of health, safety, and the environment. In this role you will support the execution team with the condition monitoring and troubleshooting for all equipment within your assigned value stream.
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and offers:
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
• Shift will be a 4 days on, 3 days off - 10 hour schedule (Monday or Tuesday start)
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Support and utilize the reliability work processes and adhere to established standards and practices
• Participate and lead in the development and optimization of meaningful care plans for plant assets
• Collaborate with Plant Engineering, Operations, Planning, and Maintenance groups to present innovative solutions that improve the reliability, availability, health, and integrity of existing and new plant equipment
• Support an environment of teamwork, learning, and sharing of information
• Provide leadership in establishing a strong safety culture within the CNRL organization, vendors, service providers, and contractors
• Utilize established processes and standards to rank criticality of new and existing Rotating equipment
• Utilize reliability tools including Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) to assist in development and optimization of:
o Maintenance strategies & care plans for rotating equipment
o Lubrication systems
o Mechanical seal support systems
• Provide technical support for maintenance personnel and work to provide technical solutions as needed
• Utilize process trend data and other means to identify bad actors
• Optimize Preventive Maintenance (PM's) by balancing intrusive time-based maintenance tasks with condition monitoring tasks and predictive maintenance
• Develop strategies for overhauls and services of critical rotating equipment
• Identify end of life and obsolete equipment, and provide input for development of strategic plans
• Investigate failures using RCA and ensure that action items are assigned, followed up, and communicated
• Monitor equipment performance metrics like Mean Time To Failure (MTTF), Mean Time to Restore (MTTR), and others to assess equipment reliability, and make recommendations as required
• Attend factory acceptance tests and shop inspections when required
• Assist in the development of turnaround work scope, and support aspects of the T/A execution
• Provide mentorship to junior members of the Reliability & Asset Management Team
• Utilize reliability resources to provide recommendations on spare parts
• Apply and share learnings on reliability practices for continuous improvement
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with Millwright Journeyman Inter-provincial Red Seal Certification
• Mechanical Vibration Analyst (CMVA) Level 2 Certificate (or the ability to attain this certification within 2 years)
• Expertise in:
o Working on rotating equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
o Preventative maintenance and condition monitoring
o Industrial process plants, preferably in upgrading or refining
o Condition monitoring software
o Problem solving processes such as KT (Kepner-Tregoe)
To see related Maintenance roles at CNRL, visit: NA
Our Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.