|Job Ref:||2016-12299||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Georgia||City:||Atlanta||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 05:02|
Senior Water Resources Engineer|
Location: US-Atlanta, GA
Job ID: 2016-12299
Area of Interest: EN - Ecological Services
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 6/23/2016
Experience (Years): 6
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WPROJECTS
Water is vital in our daily lives. With too little water we cannot survive, we would not have electricity, and the natural resources to produce materials that make the products which improve our lives. With too much water lives are lost and communities destroyed. The core mission of a water resources engineer at Golder is the control of water for adequate supply, protection of public and private infrastructure, providing public safety and enhancing quality of life, while implementing the necessary controls to preserve natural, cultural, and environmental resources.
The Atlanta office has an immediate opening for a Senior Project Engineer practicing Water Resources Engineering to work on water resources projects for government, mining, power, waste, and oil/gas clients with a group of dynamic engineers striving to sustainably manage water resources locally, nationally, and internationally. This opportunity will allow you to use your critical thinking skills and creativity to search for innovative solutions to tough problems.
Typical duties may include:
* Evaluation of hydraulic structures for compliance with applicable State and Federal regulations related to dam safety, storm water management, and erosion and sediment control;
* Perform site investigations of civil structures, construction monitoring and testing, and environmental sampling.
* Design of hydraulic structures and dams, watershed improvement projects, stream restoration projects, and water quality treatment systems.
* Environmental Permitting including storm water pollution prevention plans, erosion, sediment, and pollution control plans, and other water related permitting needs.
* Lead, manage, and motivate teams working on water resources projects, as well as the mentoring and development of junior staff.
* Client and project development both locally and globally.
* A Degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology with an emphasis in water resources engineering, specifically hydrology and hydraulics is required.
* Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission Level II Certified Design Professional designation or the ability to obtain this designation within 6 months of joining Golder.
* A minimum of 6 years of experience in stormwater modeling, stream restoration, watershed assessment and improvement, or other areas of water resources engineering and design is required.
* A Professional Engineer (PE) license with excellent project management skills.
* Experience working with dams, road way hydraulic structures, stream restoration, watershed improvement projects, or water quality treatment systems is a plus.
* To excel within Golder Associates, you have a successful track record of working and communicating with clients and executing projects to the client's satisfaction.
* To succeed in this role, you will be highly motivated and a self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills. You should also possess a desire to help grow the water services offered by Golder.
* This position requires some travel and field assignments as dictated by project demands.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients' needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 6500 people who operate from more than 160 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.