|Job Ref:||1615764||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||Arizona||City:||Phoenix||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 22:09|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
In more than 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries – including research and development labs, manufacturing facilities, service and distribution centers, monitoring centers and sales offices – Tyco employees work together to deliver tailored, industry-specific and location-specific fire protection and security solutions to customers around the world.
Tyco is currently hiring a Senior Manager of Distribution to work out of our Phoenix, AZ location. The Senior Manager of Distribution provides overall leadership of Tyco’s distribution center operation supporting multiple Tyco business units and products. They promote a performance based culture focused on providing Tyco’s customers with an exemplary experience. They are a partner to peers in Inventory Control and Quality to create solutions and processes that yield perfect shipments, stable inventory levels, and optimal efficiency. Absorbs Tyco’s leadership Essentials and demonstrates them in the day to day execution of their tasks. Builds a positive high performance work environment through equitable treatment and employee engagement.
Management: Provides overall leadership of Tyco’s 90,000 Sq. ft. shared service distribution center and a staff of 80-90 Managers, Supervisors and Warehouse associates. Responsible for servicing domestic and international customers located in 70 countries across multiple business units and operating companies. Ensures that all distribution work is performed in a safe and efficient manner in adherence to company policies, local, state, federal and international laws. Assists in the development and support of regional distribution strategies to achieve high service levels and optimal inventory placement. Directly impacts business profitability and customer experience. Operational responsibility for end results, planning, and finances/budget; sets policies and business strategy for the DC operation.
Operations: Develop and manages Inbound, Outbound, Returns and Value Added Service processes to ensure the highest levels of on-time service, quality and efficiency. Must be able to work seamlessly across multiple functions within the organization to understand requirements and lead change management in order to deliver enterprise wide programs. Provide a comprehensive understanding of customer needs; identify and interprets changes in internal and external customer requirements
Documentation / Reporting: Assist in developing meaningful metrics regarding warehouse activity and performance. Review and monitor the achievement of financial and operational goals and standards.
Project Management: Lead the identification, development and implementation of Continuous Process improvement, Kaizens and Six Sigma initiatives involving Safety, Quality, Productivity and other cross functional opportunities.
Safety, Sanitation, Security: Lead operations in a manner that promotes safety and is compliant with OSHA and other appropriate standards. (5S)
• A Bachelor's degree is required but a Masters is desired.
• At least 10 years related experience with experience in management is required.
• Strong background in supply chain management and logistics and distribution operations.
• Requires skills in leadership organization and communication.
• Experience leading a multi-shift Distribution Operation in an automated conveyor environment.
• Warehouse Management System experience is required with experience in Red Prairie is preferred.
• Start-up and Operational Stabilization experience is strongly preferred.
• Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis. Must be able to use proper techniques to lift 50 pounds. Familiarity with MHE is required. Emphasis on safety is extremely important.
• Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements as well as be able to shift priorities easily.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.