|Job Ref:||2016-12302||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alaska||City:||Anchorage||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 05:01|
Senior Water Resource Lead|
Job ID: 2016-12302
Area of Interest: Hidden (2140)
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Masters Degree
Posted Date: 6/24/2016
Experience (Years): 10
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WHYDROGEO
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a senior hydrogeologist, hydrologist, or water resources engineer to build a water-services practice in our Anchorage, Alaska office. This dynamic person will have a demonstrated capability to develop and win work in the Alaska market (and perhaps beyond), and can provide technical leadership, staff development, and superior project management.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop Alaska-based clients and interface with Golder's technical and operations teams in building a water-services practice. The ability to travel within and outside Alaska for business development and project work is required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* MS in Hydrogeology, Geology (with hydrogeology focus), Hydrology, or Civil/Environmental Engineering (with water resources focus) with at least ten years of professional experience required and with five or more years of experience in Alaska preferred.
* Experience building a consulting water practice and a supporting team.
* Consulting experience involving technical delivery of work products, business development, mentoring, and contracting.
* Technical consulting experience in several of the following areas: groundwater supply development, dewatering evaluations, monitoring and production well design, well rehabilitation, well hydraulics, water right permitting, aquifer storage and recovery, groundwater remediation, numerical flow modeling and contaminant transport, hydrology and hydraulics, surface water modeling, water reuse, water quality modeling, GIS applications for water resources, in-stream flow evaluation, groundwater/surface water interaction in permafrost and temperate areas, and environmental permitting.
* Excellent and demonstrated verbal and written communications skills. Desire to effectively communicate technical information to clients, regulators, and colleagues in a readily-understood format.
* Commitment to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
* Strong commitment to technical and project administrative quality and timely delivery of services.
* Desire to work both independently in Alaska and with larger teams in North America or globally.
* Professional registration in the applicant's discipline required (PG, PE) with registration in Alaska preferred.
For more information about Golder Associates or to apply online, please visit our Career Page at NA.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.