Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||CA_36033||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Salisbury||Address:||Post Code:||SP2||Post Date:||10/10/2016 01:06|
Purpose of Role
The unique Defence contract worth £400m provides modern, high quality, fully serviced and purpose built living and working accommodation being provided by Aspire Defence, a joint venture between Carillion and KBR.
Carillion handles facilities management for the Army garrisons across Salisbury Plain and at Aldershot and is delivering a construction and refurbishment programme of offices, technical buildings, dining centres, messes and community facilities as well as more than 11,000 single ensuite bedrooms.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will commercially support the team with:
• providing contractual advice, determining risks, maximising opportunities
• identification of risks and opportunities and evaluation of options
• maintaining a robust and consistent change control processes on the project
• budget preparation
• pricing and rating variations and compensation events.
The ideal candidate will have an experience in similar role within Construction sector and also have knowledge of trade packages and managing lump sum contracts.
Experience within Defence sector would be beneficial.
The role is subject to security clearance.
Responsible for assisting in the effective commercial practices within a project ensuring:
• Information is available for timely and accurate applications for payment.
• Adherence to Risk Management processes and procedures
• Drafting of contractual correspondence
• Preparation of accurate and prudent cost /value analysis
• Budget preparation
• Interim and Final account measurement – site measurement and drawing take off
• Pricing and Rating variations and compensation events
• Extension of Time
• Interim payment and final account agreement of sub-contracts
• Ensuring good quality and accurate records are kept
• Maintenance of cost information.
• Verification and agreement of Sundry Accounts
• To assist in the production of Project Procurement Strategy Documentation
• To assist in the production of Project Value Enhancement Plans
• To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the
effective organisation of everyone working directly for them.
Additional Role Information
• Company vehicle & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands