|Job Ref:||2016-12303_Redmond||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||Washington||City:||Redmond||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 05:01|
Senior Coastal Engineer|
*Job ID:* 2016-12303
*Area of Interest:* EN - Ecological Services
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* Masters Degree
*Posted Date:* 6/24/2016
*Experience (Years):* 10
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earthâ€™s development while preserving earthâ€™s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is seeking a Senior Coastal Engineer to join our coastal services team in Redmond, WA as an integral part of a global coastal and marine practice. The successful candidate will be expected to step into a senior leadership and business development role for coastal engineering in Western US operations in the Pacific Northwest assisting with growing our global coastal consulting practice by capturing and executing multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering projects for port & coastal infrastructure, oil & gas, and mining clients. The candidate must be able to plan, implement, manage, and deliver coastal engineering projects, including: analysis of coastal and oceanographic conditions, application of numerical models to simulate coastal and ocean processes, and design of engineered beaches and/or coastal infrastructure supporting coastal resilience, adaptation, and restoration projects for a wide range of clients.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
* Assisting with evaluation, optimization, and execution of environmental assessment projects, including providing technical oversight of tasks and project management.
* Conducting data analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of marine and coastal processes (waves, currents, sediment transport) and forces interacting with engineered structures and project activities.
* Preparing and reviewing technical documents (reports, drawings, specifications) documenting engineering investigations, results, and analyses.
* Conducting field work involving site visits and data collection in coastal and offshore environments (international travel may be required) including procurement, assembly, and testing of oceanographic data collection equipment and at-sea operation of systems.
* Assisting with proposal development including the development of technical approach, cost tables, figures and methodology, and qualifications and experience.
* Engaging and interacting with clients and prospective clients to support global and regional business development initiatives.
* Managing and mentoring staff on projects and internal communication of coastal practice business operations.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* A Masterâ€™s degree or PhD in coastal or ocean engineering.
* A minimum of 10 years of professional experience related to coastal or ocean engineering.
* Professional registration in the United States as a Coastal Engineer or proven eligibility to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) license within 1 year.
* The ability to conduct independent analysis, develop visualizations, and interpret complex physical processes by analyzing geospatial and time series data.
* The ability to develop and apply numerical models for the simulation of waves, currents, sediment transport, and morphology change in open coast, inlet, and estuarine environments.
* Experience and credibility with respect to the design and development of nature-based and hybrid shoreline engineering solutions
* Strong oral and written communication of work products, including compilation of technical reports describing data, results of analysis, and interpretations drawn from such analysis.
* Expertise in applying statistical and numerical analysis methods.
* Understanding of water wave mechanics, winds and wind loads, and ocean currents.
* Knowledge of oceanographic and meteorological instrumentation.
* Demonstrated teamwork and developing leadership NA to interact with and interface with a broader international coastal engineering team as well as integrated multi-disciplinary teams in project development and delivery.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.