Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. |
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Be responsible and accountable for providing leadership for the Engineering and Methods functions of all midlife refurbishment works and any future projects in Malaysia.
- Developing engineering solutions covering vehicle structures, fatigue, fracture, communication, software development and overall systems to meet the contract deliverables for all Projects in Malaysia.
- Provide support to Testing and Commissioning in relations to engineering solutions & findings.
- Manage all phases such as PDR, FDR and final client product acceptance (engineering) including others engineering review as needed by the Project.
- Manage System safety and RAMs programs for projects: Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety.
- Preparation of documents, manuals, procedures, method statements etc. required for successful execution of the Projects/bids
- Establishing and monitoring systems, procedures and practices that keep up-to-date with emerging trends and innovations in the train industry
- Rail Safety, OHS&W and Environmental Act requirements are complied with
- Cost effectiveness of Engineering Solutions exercising commercial judgement
- Collaborating with all Project Managers and other functional heads
- Liaising with other business units, internal customers, stakeholders and external agencies for the purpose of service delivery
- Timely delivery of Engineering to the Projects in line with the Project Plans and schedules
- Resource Management to meet Project and Business requirements
- Training and staff development
- Providing strategic input and expert engineering advice to the business to improve product or service offerings and to enhance customer service
- Support bids where needed
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering;
- Membership of Professional Engineering bodies such as Institution of
- Engineers highly regarded
- Should have at least ten years' experience in engineering and related fields in Rolling Stock
- Should have held a leadership role in related field for at least four years
- Demonstrated experience in supporting project management and contract management including the preparation of specifications and contract documentation, administration and interpretation, and in resolving contractual issues between parties
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join our LinkedIn Group!