|Job Ref:||38233||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||KARNIND||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
This position is for Electric Systems SBU|
Working within the design engineering department, the successful applicant will be responsible for detailed design and development of aerospace power electronics and their associated controllers, including; Switching power supplies with different topology, Switching devices and drive selection, control loop design, thermal and magnetic component selection.
• Support the design and development of power electronic systems, including high-power motor controllers/drives, power converters, battery power chargers, etc., mainly for aerospace applications.
• Work includes design analyses in support of preliminary and detailed design, operations, and field service; plus test support in the form of component characterization, subsystem/system test procedures, test data analysis, test reporting, and requirements compliance reviews.
• Familiarity with high-power, high-frequency power converters, switching devices and their drive circuits.
• Candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in power circuit analysis using Mat lab Simulink, SPICE, and/or Saber simulation tools.
• In addition to analytical proficiency, candidate must have a solid hardware development background with hands-on skills in the use of specialized measurement tools and equipment in a high-voltage lab environment.
• The position requires a person with initiative, resourcefulness, and teamwork traits. Must have good English composition and oral communication skills and willingness to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
• Master in Power Electronics /Bachelor of Engineering (BE/BTech.) degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering with 6 - 9 years of relevant experience preferably Aerospace.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in high-voltage power electronics and motor drive technology. Aerospace experience is a plus.
• Solid communication, writing skills and teaming skills are a must.
• Ability to travel internationally for occasional design review meetings with peers / customers and system level of integration activities.
Master in Power Electronics /Bachelor of Engineering (BE/BTech.) degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering