Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide. |
We are currently looking to recruit Procurement Bids Manager (m/f), based in Derby, United Kingdom.
The role will design and define the appropriate end to end procurement and materials supply chain solutions for bid activities, as well as ensuring the necessary resource requirements are fulfilled, by leading the UK procurement bid team.
The Procurement Bids Manager has significant interface requirements with internal Bombardier organizations, to ensure, where appropriate, the bid requirements are incorporated and reflected in to their bid process. It is also essential that commercial proposals from internal suppliers are aligned with strategic planning and reflected in bid submissions.
The role is responsible for developing and sustaining long term supplier relationships at a senior level to ensure suppliers have the capacity and capability for continued growth and support for future bid requirements.
- Lead the UK Procurement bid team, generating flawless procurement data in to bid activities, supported where appropriate by the required level of secure underwritten supplier offers and costings.
- Engage with key strategic suppliers to define and influence target costs within the bid process, ensuring total alignment with all other BT functions, including sales.
- Control the generation and accuracy of the Costed Bill of Materials (CBOM), coordinating with all functions in the identification of parts and supplier identification.
- Lead procurement bid activities within WMA UK, at Divisional and Group Blue Book approvals, demonstrating the appropriate governance has been applied to the bid process and to secure approval. Manage the handover of Bid at Contract award to the Project Procurement Manager.
- Design and implement the appropriate end to end procurement and materials supply chain solutions for bid activities, as well as ensuring the necessary resource requirements are fulfilled.
- Drive Supplier "best in class" performance, by supporting supplier negotiations for material bids, in coordination with the Commodity and Lead Buyer networks. Assist where appropriate in the evaluation of supplier offers from both Internal and External suppliers.
- Enforce continuous improvement initiatives, driving savings opportunities that can be read-over in to other bid activities and projects, including the coordination of Volume bundling exercises present within other area's of the business
- Contribute and assist in the development of WMA supplier Governance framework and the Supplier Risk Management plan.
- Work with after market Services bid team to ensure strategic alignment within the division towards the supply chain.
This is a great opportunity for candidates with a strong commercial acumen and experience in hands-on management of procurement professionals. We will give you full development support moving forward!
- Ideally degree educated supported by strong knowledge of supply chain issues within the global rail industry
- Accomplished Negotiation skills (including for contract terms& conditions) and demonstrate high level of business and commercial acumen
- Technical appreciation of train architecture and major vehicle systems.
- Demonstrable track record of cost reduction programs and deliverables within life cycle models.
- Strategic and tactical management capabilities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of end to end supply chain management, including risk management and mitigation
- Must be capable of inspiring, motivating and developing resources.
- At ease with the use of IT tools such as SAP, Web Portals, Excel, Access and Outlook.
Your ideas move people.