- Under the general direction of the Site Superintendent, the Trade General Foreman will assist in the supervision, coordination and scheduling of construction activities on project construction site and/or supervise a small construction project in compliance with the contract and the job cost estimate and ensures all the work is completed safely to acceptable standards of quality and workmanship.
- Maintain excellent relationships with client, engineers, consultants, subcontractors and public
- Responsible to ensure that all work is conducted in a safe manner in compliance with the Joint Ventures Health & Safety and Environmental policies.
- Assist in developing, monitoring and updating of project schedule with the Superintendent. Ensure subcontractors comply with project master schedule
- Utilize project master schedule to create detailed look ahead schedules for foreman and subcontractor use
- Assist in developing recovery strategies when project schedule or budget are in jeopardy
- Plan and supervise the work of own forces and subcontractors on the project including determining methods of construction, manpower levels, materials, tools & equipment, rentals and work schedules
- Assume responsibility for productivity of trades and subcontractors, efficient use of materials and equipment and contractual performance of the project
- Ensure trades personnel complete all necessary training in areas of safety, quality assurance, technical qualifications, equipment operation and owner specified requirements
- Ensure project is constructed in compliance with drawings, specifications, Field Work Packages (FWPs), Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and project schedule and budget
- Interface with client representatives, design engineers, consultants, other contractors, etc.
- Ensure project is constructed in accordance with the Joint Ventures QA Programs and quality guidelines
- Maintain appropriate field documentation including safety records, daily progress reports, training records, T&E and rental records, manpower reports, owner support requests, FWP documents, etc.
- Participate in basic layout, preparation of work instructions, field engineering activities, etc.
- Maintain lines and levels - verify as built conditions
- Ensure compliance with union obligations
- Participate in the daily and weekly review and update of project schedule and forecast with the General Superintendent
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Education to include a technical college diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum 2 years construction and subcontractor supervision experience
- Ability to successfully supervise a construction project
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction such as; technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements and jurisdiction, engineering, cost control, scheduling and safety requirements
- Good communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read and understand CGC Cost Reports
- Basic presentation skills
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.