Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
The Bechtel Petrofac Joint Venture has been selected to provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services to deliver a 2 M tons per year Alumina Refinery in Abu Dhabi's Khalifa Industrial Zone.
- Be part of the Team and ethical at all times to all peers, subcontractors, vendors, team members, community personnel, Client, Operations Personnel, Supervisors and Management.
- You may be required to support other activities on the project which are deemed necessary to meet Project goals. From time to time you may be required to work additional hours to support the project needs.
- SMP Superintendent on Al Taweelah Alumina, including structural steel, piping, insulation, painting, hydrotesting and mechanical scope - in relation to the white side facilities. This position will have a minimum of two (2) direct reports in relation to either supervision and field engineering. Therefore, the position requires close integration and liaison with Field Engineering and ES&H. Before assigning work, recognize hazards and communicate expectations of your reports to mitigate or remove hazards.
- Monitor and support the Construction activities paying particular attention to Safety, Health, Environment, Quality, Cost and Schedule. Review and comprehend documents and manuals that incorporate these key areas.
- Responsible for the overview of contractor performance for allocated areas of responsibility. This will involve planning and installation of Structural steel, Piping and Mechanical equipment (SMP). Inclusive is the management of any testing in accordance with drawings and specification and Project Standards and coordination of the works.
- Take responsibility for your facilities and be the Owner and full knowledge of the area at all times. Understand and communicate in advance Scope of Work in detail for each Craft Supervisor
- Work with the SMP2 Contractor and coordinate daily to ensure performance and quality.
- Coordinate with other team members for installation of the works and other contractors continuously.
- Meet or beat weekly quantities to be installed to support Project schedule in a safe methodical manner.
- Identify materials, tools, labour, and equipment which may be required to Project milestones and Schedules and check that the Contractor has adequate resources to suit.
- Complete punchlist items in a timely manner in accordance with project standards to meet turnover dates in a safe methodical manner. Maybe responsible for co-ordination of other disciplines and team members to close punchlist items, this may include liaising with Start Up groups and others and organizing and facilitating meetings.
- Accept change on the project and be methodical in your work arounds to support the project. This may involve supporting other team members scope but use your resources and energy to support the Project. You may be required to carry out tasks not necessarily your daily routine but required to support the project
- Co-ordinate between Dayshift and Nightshift in an efficient manner as required
- Generate Daily Reports in detail and file for history per the BPJV format. Concentrate on facts, weather conditions, team locations on tasks and equipment locations and conversations.
- The delivery of materials and equipment are a logistical task. Monitor schedule and ensure materials and equipment are supplied on time. In the event that deliverables are late, be proactive and optimistic with a work around as not to affect the Construction Schedule. Resolve interface work related issues in the field between work groups to ensure safety and schedule is maintained.
- Understand the Scope of Work with reference to your work packs and areas of responsibility. Understand and plan to install quantities per the schedule.
- Ensure the utilisation of equipment is maintained and co-ordinate all pool equipment best for project, this may require sharing of equipment and co-ordination with other work groups.
- Back charges to vendors will need timesheets and records completed daily and signed off ensure contractors have these completed in full and timely.
- Attend and conduct all meetings as required including but not limited to: Interface, 3 Week lookahead,90 Day Review, Coordination site meetings in facility's, Contract Meeting and Readiness meetings. These may be chaired by yourself or others.
- Understand specifications and drawings and be able to check compliance in the field in relation to quality and vendor installation manuals.
- Converse with all disciplines and work groups including Engineering, Contracts, Employee Relations, Project Controls and supervisors to resolve matters in the field and to work to the Project Plan.
- Ensure the team members execute the work in a safe and most effective least cost manner. Offer other ways of carrying out tasks without unduly affecting the morale of the team members, keep the teams motivated.
- Discuss the jobs/task with the craft during your day to day routine, review Work Method Statements, JSA's Start Cards etc on a daily basis as required by the Project
- "Lead by Example", if you do not do it, do not expect others to do it.
- Carry out performance reviews of your team members as required, provide timely feedback on their performance both positive and negative.
- Have a "Coaching and Mentoring" approach to people's shortfalls in their ability or skills. Encourage other people to excel.
- Communicate openly and honestly at all times, if something is wrong communicate early so the project can adjust or mitigate delays and cost.
- Understand and monitor the QURR (Qty Unit Rate Report) to track Performance Forecast (PF) to determine any issues such as overrun/underrun in a facility or Unit. Keep your supervisor advised of any trends.
- Support your Supervisor and your Supervisor's Managers on a day to day routine.
- Understand the Site Agreement and conditions that team members as signed up for on the Project, with the support of the Employee Relations team as required ensure team members outside these conditions are managed and or counselled with the site guidelines and performance management is carried out on the team members with the support of the Employee Relations Team.
- Participate in Reward and Recognition events to be held during the course of the project, support this in the field and participate in these events;
- Supervisors will monitor timekeeping for their team members and address any issues immediately with the Contractor.
- Ensure that Scope Changes, rework is identified and recorded for costs Up and Down in accordance with Project procedures and guidelines and that no additional work is carried out unless a Trend is approved or unless approved with Budget allocated by Project Controls. A Variation Order Request (VOR) approved by the Client is required to be given to the Contractor before work may proceed.
- Your time is to be managed to allow you to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and be punctual at all times.
- Use the Bechtel Electronic BSAP tools being used by the BPJV team to carry out your scope, to track quantities, hours and statistics.
- Attend training sessions as required and ensure your team members attend training as planned, Confined Space, Work at Heights, etc.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.