Job type: Contract
Date posted: 28-06-2016
Duration: 3 Years
A leading operator in Qatar require an experienced Senior Materials & Corrosion Engineer for this 3 year contract. Please read the full job description before applying. MUST HAVE OFFSHORE PROJECT EXPERIENCE.
SENIOR MATERIAL & CORROSION ENGINEER
Primary Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the material & corrosion engineering activities and provide technical inputs to the design, engineering, fabrication and installation of project scope; with focus on the successful execution of project on time, within budget and in accordance with the agreed project requirements, specifications and standards.
- Formulate material & corrosion engineering designs associated with the project scope with special attention to: Design Basis, FEED and EPIC scope preparation and execution, design/safety/operations reviews, procurement of Equipment, factory acceptance test, vendor selection, and timely resolution of technical and engineering issues, in coordination with Head Material & Corrosion Engineering, other M&C Engineers, and relevant company stakeholders.
- Develop design scope and ensure that all related deliverables are in compliance with the applicable codes, standards, Project and Corporate requirements and procedures.
- Support the coordination and alignment of M&C interfaces between the project phases and direct the contractors design efforts accordingly taking into account safety, startup, cost and constructability impacts.
- Establish professional work relationships with FEED and EPIC contractor, represents company interest and direct contractors with any technical queries and interpretation of scope, specifications and standards.
- Provide technical input and prepare the M&C specific elements for the FEED and EPIC tender, procurement activities, technical bid evaluation, technical queries raised by contractors, in coordination with Head Discipline Engineering.
- Participate in Technical bid evaluation and provide necessary input in selecting the FEED and EPIC Contractors.
- Support the selection of suitable equipment, field devices, and other M&C specific systems as per design, evaluate options and select best techno-economic solutions for project facilities.
- Review the M&C design calculation reports, system studies, design philosophies, software model input and output, drawings, data bases, specifications and vendor data; and contribute to effective and timely resolution of technical and engineering issues in consultation with the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide technical input during FEED, detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, testing, installation, commissioning/start-up stages of the project and monitor the implementation of QA/QC processes, in order to achieve deliverables and facilities that meet project requirements.
- Ensure that design integrity is maintained through fabrication through correct handling of site queries and proper application of QA/QC processes.
- Support the Safety and Design Reviews in coordination with Head Discipline Engineers and other stakeholders.
- Supervise team members and support the development of Qatari Nationals by ensuring that they receive proper job training and development.
Decision Making Authority
- Responsible for the execution of the M&C engineering design associated with the project scope on time and within budget, and as per agreed project requirements and specifications
- Responsible for the technical decision making and M&C engineering decisions associated with the project scope, all recommendations made are passed to supervisor for review and/or endorsement.
- Operate within the framework of established company policies and departmental procedures, guided by engineering codes, standard practices and procedures.
Context / Special Features / Challenges
- Exposed, for extended periods of time, to assignment overseas.
- Exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments. Need to attend to and resolve conflicts, challenges and problems related to a large multi-cultural and multi-discipline technical workforce.
- Exposed to offshore work environments during construction, installation, hook-up, commissioning, start-up and handover.
- Activities executed with the highest required level of confidentiality.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- NA. in respective or related discipline engineering from a recognised University, higher degree would be advantageous.
- Membership of a recognised professional engineering association (or institution) is preferable.
- A minimum of 12 years experience in respective M&C design in Oil & Gas Industry with an Oil & Gas Company or Consultant/Contractor, of which at least 7 years should have been in offshore Oil & Gas processing projects.
- Of the 12 years experience, a minimum of 5 years should have been a Senior M&C Engineer in a major project in a reputable engineering consultant, EPIC contractors or O&G Company.
- Fully familiar with Shell DEP's and other international design codes and standards.
- Fully familiar with M&C software and design review.
- Familiar with all types of FEED and EPIC deliverables, equipment, design and construction progress reviews.
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company's systems, processes, and standards
- Fundamental knowledge to level of "proficient" in respective discipline engineering with added strength in the other disciplines to level of "developed".
- Strong technical, communication and presentation skills