|Job Ref:||37864||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
To specify, design, develop and help to support test equipment for development and production testing of electronic control units for the Aerospace industry.
• Specify, design and develop automatic test equipment suitable for production and development testing of complex, high power, low volume electronic control units.
• Evaluate, Design or develop unit specific test software to suit the specified target test equipment.
• Carry out final commissioning and validation of development and production test equipment.
• Provide training to potential users of development or production test equipment.
• Certify that any equipment designed and developed is 'six sigma' capable.
• Ensure that all equipment designed and developed meets all Health & Safety requirements.
• Provide assistance to support any of the items of test equipment currently in use in either Engineering or Production.
• Ensure that adequate preventative maintenance schedules are documented and that critical spares are defined.
• Generate suitable project plans detailing input, output and intermediate milestones that are realistic and achievable.
• Prepare and maintain Production Test Plans as specified.
• Procure items of test equipment as needed.
• Qualified to degree level in either Electronics or Software Engineering
• Experience of programming languages such as 'C' and BASIC.
• Experiencing of using Lab View, LabWindows CVI or Test Stand.
• Familiarity with SQL or similar database applications.
• Experience of Analogue and Digital Electronic Design.
• Must be able to work as part of a team or individually.
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
Relevant degree or equivalent