|Job Ref:||TCTO-INDH01024031||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||India||City:||Vadodara||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:02|
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. |
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Purpose of the job
The CTO-TCMS Software Center India is expanding in the areas of product and application development for rail vehicles. The scope covered within the CTO-TCMS SW Center India covers full lifecycle development of embedded products and tools which are used to develop and maintenance rail vehicle applications in software. The center also covers application development jointly with organizations in Europe and Americas and full-scope development for vehicles delivered to the Asia-Pacific Region. In addition all levels of software testing for products and applications are covered within the organization
The primary purpose of the TCMS System Integration Engineer is to work for TCMS projects with expanded technical scope as technical expert to be the interface between the platform, product and project organisation.
The TCMS Application System Engineer requires a sound background on rail vehicle functions and vehicle application development as the positions covers the interface between functional system definition and the vehicle application development in software. The TCMS Application System Engineer is responsible for the definition and description of the TCMS scope in a rail vehicle project. The description in the form of functional descriptions, requirements and wiring diagrams are the input artifacts for the underlying detailed design and software implementation.
1. Provide concepts and specifications in core know-how area in an application development in collaboration with the vehicle system engineering
2. Interface to vehicle system engineering for application development. Drive the development core team and part of an application STECO as a reporting line.
3. Accountable to provide technical solutions in a given environment in collaboration with the BT Expert community or other organizations in BT.
4. Accountable for the technical integration of deliverables into the complete vehicle application.
5. Responsible for the implementation of a process model into an application. Accountable for quality of deliverables. Responsible for schedule, cost.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
NA., M. Eng. degree or Ph.D. graduate in computer science, information technology, electronics, electronics and communication or any other relevant discipline
Relevant experience required
Typically 7 years relevant working experience
3-5 years working experience in application development for rail vehicle
Experience in the the integration of applications into an overall system
Experience in interfacing system engineering for functional definition of rail vehicle