Requisition ID: |
GRADE 28 - PRINCIPAL PROCESS MANAGER
Career growth opportunities available to self-motivated, high performing Chemical Engineers seeking technical/leadership challenges in the process design of Petrochemical projects.
- Participate in proposal efforts and assisting Business Development in preparation of ITB deliverables.
- Determine engineering scope and set up an engineering work plan for the discipline on complex projects for FEED and EPC phases.
- Manage teams of process engineers and be responsible for the delivery of project deliverables (PFDs/UFDs, HMB, equipment sizing, selection and specification, PSVs and flare system sizing and specification, etc.) within the agreed man-hour budgets and schedules.
- Maintain the technical quality of all process deliverables issued on the project.
- Manage and lead complex technical discussions with third parties (customer, licensors, suppliers and regulators) in order to facilitate appropriate technical decisions.
- Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
- Understand multi-disciplinary technical issues and be able to provide innovative technical solutions to resolve these issues.
- Lead an area design team up to 15 engineers in the execution of complex projects.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
Shaping tomorrow together
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering is required as minimum.
- 20+ years of Process Engineering experience in EPC and/or operating industry, with minimum 10 years in recent grass-root design/revamp of ethylene production facilities.
- Design experience in current steam cracker based ethylene plant licensor technologies and integration with downstream petrochemical derivative facilities.
- Proven work experience in sizing and evaluating equipment in the furnace, cold and hot fractionation areas.
- Experience with process configuration and optimization studies to increase product yield, reduce utility consumption (steam, power, cooling water) and reduce/mitigate flare loads.
- Demonstrated experience in process simulation and automation.
- Good oral and written communication skills required for presentations and reports.
- PE registration preferred.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.