|Job Ref:||2016-12308_Bismarck||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Dakota||City:||Bismarck||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 05:01|
Senior Project Environmental Scientist|
*Job ID:* 2016-12308
*Area of Interest:* EN - Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* Bachelors Degree
*Posted Date:* 6/28/2016
*Experience (Years):* 4
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earthâ€™s development while preserving earthâ€™s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
The Bismarck office of Golder Associates Inc. is looking for a motiviated Senior Project Environmental Scientist to focus on clients and projects in the oil and gas sector. No relocation is offered for this position.
1. Provide technical support on a variety of environmental compliance and regulatory permitting projects;
2. Perform environmental investigations, collect environmental data, prepare technical reports, and complete permit applications and other regulatory documents;
3. Assist with Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements and other environmental plans and documents involving federal and state regulatory permitting;
4. Gain increasing responsibility in project and proposal management through training provided by Golder and by working with senior staff and management;
5. Interacting with clients, regulators, and Golder staff to meet task, schedule, and budget requirements is a key to success in this position;
6. Regulatory review and research will be required, along with determining regulatory applicability to processes and problems.
Bachelorâ€™s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Natural Resources, or similar scientific/engineering disciplines.
* Minimum of 4 years' of experience in performing environmental field work (as outlined in the position responsibilities) and experience with GIS is required.
* Field experience is required.
* Experience with oil and gas projects, including pipelines, is required.
* Experience with wetlands and ecology is required.
Experience with NEPA, FERC, and other environmental regulations is required.
* General understanding of the state and federal environmental regulatory structure; excellent writing skills; and proficiency with Microsoft products.
Expected to have strong skills in mathematics, data analyses, and technical writing.
* You will be capable of effectively representing yourself in a professional setting and possess good communication skills.
* You are self-motivated with the ability to interact with colleagues while arriving at solutions to complex project problems.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.