Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Capital Improvement Program Manager for immediate employment in the Atlanta, GA office.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Manager for the City of Sandy Springs Department of Public Works; plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors capital improvement design/construction projects and activities
- Coordinates and participates in processes, including: project definition and scope, cost estimates, bid preparation, contractor selection and contract administration
- Works with contractors, advisory bodies, citizens, professional consultants and City staff to complete projects
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of CIP goals and objectives; prepares and/or coordinates state and federal reporting as required; prepares and maintains statistics and records on project status
- Employee must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws, and policies; must be willing to report and/or act on safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Minimum 5 years of experience in engineering field
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, landscape architecture, or architecture and/or demonstrated equivalent, combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with capital program development and execution
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Proven experience with managing projects through the GDOT Plan Development Process (PDP) and with the Atlanta Regional Commission's (ARC) Livable Centers Initiative (LCI) program
- Proven experience delivering multiple projects with various funding sources on time and within budget
- Experience giving presentations in public settings for technical projects
- Incumbent is expected to meet attendance standards as determined by management; employee must be available and willing to work according to the assigned schedule and must be available to work overtime as determined by management as necessary to meet the business needs
- Incumbent will perform duties in a combination of outside work and an office environment; job requires employee to perform duties at a job site; at times working alone and at times working very closely with others
- Position requires outside work, subject to all types of weather and temperature conditions
- Incumbents may be exposed to commonly encountered chemicals, solvents, fumes, smoke, and gases found in and around construction sites and various types of surfaces, including slippery or uneven surfaces
- Ability to move or carry objects or materials; must be able to exert up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and up to 20 pounds of force frequently
- Physical demand requirements are at levels of those for active work
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to complete a multitude of tasks
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Will require visits to project sites
- Due to the nature of this work, qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Familiar with design and construction project management for both linear (transportation) and site development projects
- Familiar with municipal design and construction services acquisition
- Familiar with a variety of field construction concepts, practices, and procedures
- Sustainability, resiliency and/or climate adaptation experience a plus but not a requirement
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.