|Job Ref:||10755BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Reddich||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 04:03|
MWH, now part of Stantec have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our team in Redditch but will be immediately seconded to Frankley WTW for initial project work. . This is a permanent role |
Globally, MWH sets the gold standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. In the UK, MWH has been selected by Severn Trent as one of their strategic consultancy providers on a ten year framework. Along with Costain Ltd we are also part of the D&C Delivery Team for this significant programme of work. As a consequence we are now looking for the right people to join our team to help deliver this exciting opportunity.
This is a chance to join a dynamic and evolving team of in our Solihull Office (relocating to Redditch Autumn 2016) providing support in the delivery of water treatment projects. Initially the role will be based on site at the Severn Trent Frankley Water Treatment Works.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and MWH expectations.
As part of the Design Team the role has responsibility for providing support in all areas
of Civil Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to Severn Trent's water treatment facilities in line with their company strategic direction. The role will be based in a co-located team in the Client Office.
• Experience within the water industry with a focus on the design of water treatment solutions.
• Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
• Undertake initial feasibility and scoping, through detailed design, to support for procurement, construction, commissioning and final handover of projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
• Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
• Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
• Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
• Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
• Work collaboratively within a D&C environment to deliver integrated design solutions
• Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
• Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
• Liaise with client and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
• Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
• Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
• Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
• Complete all work in line with MWH Core Values and in accordance with MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
• Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. Chartered Member ICE or equivalent
• Experience in water industry in the design of water treatment facilities.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
• Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordancce with QA and H&S procedures.
• Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently
• Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
• Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team - both written and oral
• Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
• Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
• Excellent client service focus
• Flexible approach to work
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)