|Job Ref:||38235||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hemel Hempstead||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:06|
To ensure that all manufacturing configuration controls are in place and up to date, report to the customer on technical issues and assist the production facility.|
Key Operational Functional Accountabilities:
• • Oversee the introduction of new products into the manufacturing environment.
• Plan the execution of manufacturing introduction from design release to production acceptance for modifications, permits etc.
• Prepare CAPEX justifications when required.
• Prepare tooling budgets where appropriate.
• Maintain and create production layouts, standard operations & other configuration documents.
• Work with manufacturing team to ensure successful launch.
• Analysis of new designs to ensure DFM & DFA criteria is met.
• Write process FMEA.
• Have a full working knowledge of all mechanical, electronic manufacturing & test techniques.
• Challenge conventions in order to ensure continuous improvements, especially with regard to manufacturing cost and ease of manufacture.
• At all points during production process give manufacturing technical input.
• At the design concept phase give manufacturing technical input.
• To carry out production readiness
• Working with both Aftermarket module and ISM to ensure CMM's are maintained.
This should not be considered an exhaustive list of the duties of the position; it is meant to give a general description of what the main duties are, recognising that the successful job incumbent may be requested to fulfil assignments in other departments within the business, commensurate with the level of this role.
• Educated to a minimum of HNC or equivalent.
• Knowledge of component manufacture and mechanical assembly manufacturing engineering.
• A thorough understanding of mechanical products, operations and functions.
• An ability to produce concise reports and effective presentations.
• A working knowledge of mechanical assembly manufacturing and test.
• Considerable knowledge of mechanical manufacturing philosophies, i.e. design for manufacture I assembly / test techniques.
• Communications must be effective at all levels
• An understanding of the major manufacturing control and information systems is essential.
• Must be able to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and creativity.
• Computer Literate (MS Office).
• Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team to tight deadlines.
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.