About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
We currently have a full-time Senior Engineering Manager opportunity, in our New York City location, available to support our Northeast Transportation business. The right candidate for this role can handle a wide array of projects and multiple assignments. This position will provide daily execution of multiple projects or programs while meeting cost, scheduling and performance expectations. This role retains the responsibility for customer satisfaction with services provided under their assigned contracts and project delivery. The successful applicant will be expected to help increase the business development and improve performance in the New York City Office as well as in the offices throughout New York State. The successful applicant will act as liaison between the various engineering disciplines in pursing and completing transportation related projects As such, the individual will:
• Serve as a key leader within PB's Northeast Regional Transportation team
• Serve as technical expert for project design, interface and policy issues.
• Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of contractual requirements.
• Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
• Responsible for preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Acts as primary customer contact for project management activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and performance.
• Develops new business or expands the contract scope with the customer.
• Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules identifies program problems and obtains solutions, (e.g. cause and corrective action, reallocation of resources, influencing or requesting changes to contractual requirements.
• Provides oversight/guidance with position definition, selection and hiring to best fit client needs.
• Provides leadership or direct management of employees, ensuring that they have a clear understanding of the expectations for performance of their duties as required by the contract
• Serve as an effective client manager or point of contact and foster teaming relationships with other consulting firms
Experience & Education Required
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
• A minimum of 17 years of experience with a solid background in Civil engineering and highway design.
• PE in New York required
• New York client relationships required.
• B.S./M.S. in Engineering or business
• Experience with contract administration and operations program management required.
• Experience with rail, transit, highway, tunneling, architecture and buildings, utility infrastructure, intermodal freight and development projects required.
• Demonstrated understanding of engineering (transportation and transit) processes, with a focus on managing 3rd parties to achieve excellent quality and continuous improvement
• Experience with Change Management, as well as Safety, Regulatory and Compliance requirements
• Experience training and developing large teams
• Must be a US citizen or provide proof of ability to work in the US immediately.
• Demonstrable experience independently supporting business development and proposal activities.
• General experience with a broad range of disciplines (contracting, engineering, estimating, project management, quality assurance, production, etc)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, EXCEL, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Has knowledge of and maintains compliance with government contractor and state and federal laws/regulations regarding government contracts (DCAA, DBA, SCA, etc.).