Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKLO-TP-020716||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||07/10/2016 22:04|
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. |
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are currently building a talent pool of experienced engineers to join our growing maintenance team in London. Several positions are opened for:
• Provide technical support to resolve performance or maintenance issues and enhance knowledge of the train systems performance.
• Monitor, analyse, investigate and develop solutions in a timely manner to resolve technical issues associated with the operation of the new trains.
• Accountable for technical, incident or accident investigation and development and implementation of appropriate containment or solutions in order to maintain and improve reliability/performance against targets.
• Accountable for measurement of availability, reliability and safety targets as well as claims management and fault attribution as required.
• Accountable for provision of written reports and technical information including instructions, analysis, specifications and training material in a timely manner as required, meeting Business or TSSSA obligations.
• Assist, guide and support Technicians and Project Engineers/Field Maintenance Engineers to work effectively and safely as a team to deliver high quality services in order to deliver customer satisfaction.
• Identify where cross-site initiatives can be applied to improve engineering processes, standardization or performance and ensure professional standards and codes of conduct are maintained in LUS and suppliers.
• Accountable for the development of safe and effective modifications or changes to maintenance specifications to improve performance, reduce costs, improve safety or meet customer requests.
• We welcome candidates with relevant experience in maintenance engineering and strong operational background.
• Professional engineering qualification.
• Ideally experience in the railway field, we are open to candidates from aerospace, automotive and similar backgrounds.
• Detailed knowledge of change control processes and product management (using systems similar to Trainmate, Maximo).
• Able to communicate at a professional and technical level in direct contact with the customer, team and senior management.
• Good technical analysis and assessment skills and sound engineering decision making.
• Fluent English.
Competitive salary range offered
Hours of Work: 37
We are expecting to build this talent pool for Maintenance Engineers until September 2016.
If you wish to express your interest in joining our talent pool, please apply now to be considered.
Why work for us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.