|Job Ref:||TGPR-UKDY-TP-010716||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||15/10/2016 22:06|
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that's shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it's our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our major site in Derby and take pride in working on quality, leading-edge projects that drive your career forward. |
We are currently building an external talent pool of various Buyer roles, such as Senior, Commodity and Project Buyers for our team in Derby, the UK
Other roles are bound to be opened in the following months based on business needs
- Accountable for Code 30 activity and to deploy various tools to drive cost reduction by commodity across all relevant regions
- To liaise with colleagues within the Bombardier Procurement network to maximize ideas for delivering cost reduction both regionally and divisionally.
- Responsible for the EAC on respective commodities for all projects and across all relevant regions.
- Design, develop and implement actions to mitigate risks as well as maximizing the financial performance of the project.
- Develop regional services commodity strategy
- Build total market knowledge of respective commodities and sub-groups
- Owns the product proposition for the end customer
- Support and negotiate for bids with relevant activities e.g. JDDP and target costs
- Negotiate stock holding levels at suppliers in conjunction with Procurement Operations team.
- Sets target service levels
- Coordinate strategy with divisional colleagues to ensure strategic fit with regional and divisional procurement.
- Implement appropriate contractual arrangements with suppliers e.g. LTSA, STC and MSA.
- Agree "best fit" supply base by commodity
- Responsible for all commercial aspects of supplier relationship
Manage Supplier Performance
- Responsible for supplier performance within the commodity, utilizing standard Bombardier Transportation (BT) tools.
- Manage and coordinate Suppliers to achieve improvement targets
- Improve and maintain supply chain performance KPIs
- Lead key discussions at poor performing suppliers
- Develop the SRM model for the top commodity suppliers and develop as part of a "road map" approach
Manage Interface within Regions and Core
- Develop appropriate strategic direction and align with peer groups
- Ensure best strategic fit to each business unit requirements
- Supporting bids, projects and external customers as required
- Establish excellent working relationship with regional and Global procurement teams including BT business heads, ensuring that commodity strategies are developed/maintained
Manage Interface with Depots
- Represent Material Solutions in operational and functional reviews
- Monitor commercial and technical risks associated with the sources, materials, services and the processes during all phases of a Purchase Contract.
- To work closely with other BT Services functions to deliver an excellent Material Solutions performance
- Relevant experience in a similar role, with a strong purchasing and supply chain background
- Ideally from a manufacturing industry background
- MCIPS qualification preferred, but not essential
- Track record of supplier performance improvement in all aspects of QDR (Quality, Delivery & Relationship)
- Establish a robust commodity strategy
- Track record of cost reduction
- Continuous improvement background
- Change management
- Warehousing and distribution understanding
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the procurement industry in the rail market
- Technical understanding of industry requirements
- MRP / Purchasing experience (SAP preferable)
- Excellent negotiator
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communicator
We are expecting to build this talent pool until end of September 2016.
If you wish to express your interest in joining our talent pool, please apply now to be considered.
Why work for us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.