|Job Ref:||137817BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Reston||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:53|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
*This position is contingent upon contract award*
AECOM seeks an Editor to support our Global Mission Solutions unit supporting language programs within the Intelligence Community. The AECOM Editor will manage the program on a local to global basis, achieving quality outcomes and client satisfaction and is responsible for delivery of quality of work to the customer in alignment with AECOM's business strategy, goals and vision. Hours of work will be determined based on work needs. Training will be provided. Duties include:
• Editing translated material into clear, correct, idiomatic English, working with linguists to clarify awkward or ambiguous words or phrases. The editor shall review all translations and material to ensure that they are in grammatically correct, idiomatic American English, meeting the Customer requirements.
• Mastering and applying the required standards and style to translated texts
• Applying substantive and linguistic knowledge of the target language or geographical area when editing
REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
• Must hold active Top Secret/SCI security clearance with polygraph
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communication, political science, or a related field
• Valid U.S. Passport
• Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible to changing requirements
• Ability to work well under pressure and turn around short-fuse requests without sacrificing accuracy Excellent communication, organization, writing, and interpersonal skills
• English fluency and strong knowledge of English language grammar rules and editing principles
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of current international affairs and the dynamics of US relations with major regional and international players.
• At least 5 years of demonstrated and relevant work experience including:
• At least three years of experience with a proven record of managing multi-task programs and successfully meeting customer requirements with quality deliverables.
• At least two years of experience supervising linguist activities.
• At least two years of experience with service delivery to Intelligence Community activities
• English language editing experience or technical writing background demonstrated either through formal education or previous work experience
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively in a multicultural environment
Domestic and International travel as required
• Master's Degree
• Working knowledge of a target language
• Demonstrated experience with prosecution of open-source intelligence
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.