Requisition ID: |
1. Purpose of the Job
2. Principle Accountabilities
- To manage the execution of the Communications Systems works safely, to the project's requirements, within budget and to schedule.
• Develop and implement plans and procedures to effectively manage the Communications works in accordance with the project's processes.
• Managing Communications Systems contract within budget, to schedule and quality
• Managing the Communication Systems interfaces to facilitate their integration with interfacing infrastructures.
• Managing the activities of the Communication System Design and Build designers throughout the phases to commissioning and handover, checking that works are undertaken safely, to quality, within budget and to schedule,
• Leading the team of engineers responsible for the Communications Systems works and checking that adequate, competent resources are in place to manage the works,
• Managing technical assurance through the delivery by the Contractor of the assurance deliverables and their review and acceptance in accordance with the Technical Assurance Plan,
• Acting as the focal point for the Communications discipline,
• Preparing periodic reports on Communication Systems works,
• Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the project principles.
3. Challenges of the Job.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Providing direction, setting policies and having oversight for communications sub-system management for the Project.
- Checking that the Communication Systems design and works comply with the project's requirements
- Developing good working relations with the external parties as well as internally to the organization
- Managing integration of Communications Systems works with railway infrastructures
- Managing multiple Communication Systems disciplines and interfaces
- Managing interfaces with the multiple stakeholders
- Checking consistency for the definition and management of the interfaces throughout the various project phases.
- Managing assurance to provide evidence that the project's requirements are complied with.
- Setting and maintaining a high level of professional performance.
- Representing the project to appropriate external parties as and when required.
- Attending meetings and making presentations at appropriate levels, up to and including, Board meetings.
The post holder is responsible for providing advice and leadership within project for Communication Systems activities. They will also decide on escalation of issues to the Engineering Manager
Key relationships for this role are:
- Engineering Manager
- Systems Integration Manager
- Third Party Interface Managers
- Design and Build designers
5. Personal Skills and Experience
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Communications Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Engineering experience in railway Communications systems
- Experience in managing delivery contracts
- Familiar with railway operational requirements
- Good communication skills and English fluency.
- Ability to deliver Communications Systems works to quality, budget and schedule requirements
- Good knowledge of railway regulations and standards, safety case development and engineering safety management systems
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi- disciplined team.
- Ability to interface with railway domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Broad experience of the application of systems engineering to major infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of Interface Management as applied to major railway infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.
- System engineering Lifecycles - awareness of different lifecycles and experience of the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).