Requisition ID: |
Job Description (Accountability):
- Executes assignments concerned with specialized or unique engineering / scientific requirements in a global business unit.
- Has technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, and coordinating these assignments. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and may involve development of novel concepts, approaches and solutions.
Job Duty (Key Skills):
General job description:
- Plans and coordinates signaling and control engineering work on the project and is accountable for the delivery of the associated preliminary engineering.
- This work includes all railway infrastructure fixed equipment for signalling, telecommunications, central control and on-board/mobile signalling and telecommunications equipment.
- Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating this activity.
- Supports and is accountable for the delivery of satisfactory safety assurance relating to the technical integrity of these rail systems as designed, built, installed and tested.
- Is responsible for acting independently on these rail systems engineering matters pertaining to the project which may involve exploration of subject area, definition of scope and development of novel concepts, approaches and solutions.
- Manages the complex interfaces with railway system design and oversees the detailed design prepared by multiple design contractors.
- Manage the use of relevant techniques and procedures Quantified and Qualitative Risk Assessment and HAZOP analysis in relation to the signalling system.
- Exercises both line management and functional direction over assigned Engineers, Engineering Supervisors and Project Engineers.
- Participates in contact with the client on matters relating to project engineering progress and quality.
- Responsible for all rail systems signalling and control design and construction technical coordination and interface issues.
- Directs and provides technical and administrative guidance to assigned Project and / or discipline Engineers in the management of the preliminary engineering.
- Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures.
- Inputs to the preliminary engineering schedule.
- Inputs to the rail systems signaling and control engineering elements of the project capital estimate quantities and budgets.
- Plans work and develops design and procurement schedules working with
- Project Controls. Monitor the design and construction technical schedule requirements including the schedule of Contractor submittals and reports slippage or conflicting requirements.
- Provides technical coordination between the Stakeholders, Consultants, Engineering, Construction and the Contractor's staff. Reviews and approves design documents, material requisitions and specifications for
construction or procurement use.
- Manage design, constructability and Value Engineering reviews.
- Supervise the preparation of, reviews and endorses bid analyses and recommendations for procurement of equipment material and services within engineering scope of responsibility.
- Check and ensure Engineering Quality Design of independent engineering firms that are carrying out the detailed engineering design.
- Perform technical reviews of contractors' shop drawings, product data, material samples, etc.
- Reviews major changes or deviations in project scope, project material quantities, budget or schedule, and assists particularly with defining the change, obtaining accurate estimates of the hours involved, and
recommending budget adjustment.
- Provide technical input to the management of contract change process.
- Prepare and / or review design change requests / notices.
- Provide input to Project Critical Items List.
- Provide input to Project E S & H program.
- Provide input to project progress reporting.
- Provide engineering support to construction activities.
Knowledge of railway operations to the general background level pertinent to a railway engineering role.
- Electrical or Controls Engineering Degree qualified
- Professional status
- Relevant infrastructure project experience
- Managed railway engineering activities on a large, complex project / program or on
multiple lesser size projects.
- Must be familiar with American and European, civil engineering and railway codes and standards.
- Extensive knowledge of signalling equipment, systems and processes, including signalling design and testing & commissioning procedures.
- Communication skills: Advanced Written & Oral
- Computer literacy: Advanced MS Office suite
- Advanced detailed knowledge of project engineering procedures
- Contract Administration: Preparation of Scope of Works documents: Advanced knowledge relating to the construction of railway infrastructure works
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).