Requisition ID: |
1. Purpose of the Job
• To support the Employer as the Lead Project Engineer for the Track system and Track Alignment
• To support the Employer in managing the execution of the Track and Alignment works safely, to the Employer's requirements, within budget and to schedule.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Supporting the Employer in relation to:
- Developing and implementing a logistics plan to effectively manage the Track & Alignment construction works, Developing and maintaining a time chainage programme
- Managing the Track & Alignment interfaces to facilitate their integration with interfacing infrastructures,
- Managing activities of the Track & Alignment throughout the phases to commissioning and handover checking that works are undertaken safely, to quality, within budget and to schedule.
- Managing technical assurance through the delivery of the assurance deliverables and certification in accordance with the Technical Assurance Plan
- Acting as the focal point for all aspects of the Track & Alignment discipline
- Preparing periodic reports on Track & Alignment works
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times .
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction.
3. Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the Employer in:
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
- Achieving compliance of Track & Alignment design and works with the requirements, especially those of the Undertakings and Assurances
- Facilitating the integration of Track & Alignment works
- Interfacing with the multiple stakeholders
- Working with programme constraints
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Multi-million Design and Build Contract packages
- Multiple Track & Alignment discipline packages
- Inter-discipline interfaces
- Interfaces with several stakeholders
5. Person Specification
- ONC/HNC level qualification in relevant engineering subject or equivalent experience.
- Rail construction background
- Good experience in track laying and logistics
- Ability to deliver Track & Alignment works to quality, budget and schedule requirements
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of railway regulations and standards
- Experience in project managing Design & Build contracts
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).