Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Shutdown and Outage Planner with our Manufacturing Facility/Chemical Plant located in Gregory, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Interface daily with production and maintenance department personnel to review work orders for maintenance and turnaround services. Review and provide input on definition, accuracy and priority. Develop the scope of each shutdown work order
- Lead detailed planning and scheduling and coordinate the work product of planners and scheduler for all outages across VCM, C/A, and Cogen. Track planning backlog and shutdown work orders ensuring data is current and accurate.
- Assist engineers with plant projects, technical details, and specifications. Make recommendations on projects such as timeline, labor requirements, work scope, and material.
- Provide off-hour support for maintenance issues, material or service as necessary. Create and maintain repetitive job plans and shutdown plans .
- Create staff level reports for scheduling, costs, resource loading, and status for all outages across VCM, C/A, and Cogen.
- Serve as site SAP Super-User.
- Provide the primary interaction with production day supervisors, other maintenance supervisors and engineers to assure the most effective utilization of the SAP and P3 systems are in place.
- Provide detailed reporting in support of maintenance cost tracking and plant key measures tracking.
- Manage contract maintenance time collection process.
- Provide contractor invoice reconciliation.
- Provide detailed reporting of maintenance accruals to plant accounting group.
- Provide ADHOC reports as requested from SAP and Time Collection.
- Lead site SAP capability by developing internal training programs and recommending outside training of plant personnel to best utilize SAP, maintenance, engineering, and planning/scheduling systems.
- Participate in audits and lead collection and presentation of maintenance key measures.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in repair, installation, troubleshooting and upkeep of plant equipment/facilities.
- Working knowledge of the routine maintenance processes, turnaround processes, regulations and policies.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project).
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- Proficient in the latest versions of Primavera and Microsoft Project.
- Prior experience planning as a Millwright and/or mechanical maintenance preferred.
- Good working knowledge of SAP.