Requisition ID: |
- This senior position will report directly to the Engineering Manager Rail and will work within a team of rail related disciplines to support the Infrastructure business unit, business development and the execution of studies and FEED for projects around the world.
- Plans and conducts independent work within the Infrastructure business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
- Plans, coordinates and delivers engineering training through instructor led and virtual training sessions for the function.
- Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects which may include constructability requirements and technical reviews.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the rail industry.
- A rail E&P background.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for a global business unit usually in one discipline in a project or staff group.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Performs work using appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment or works.
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Provides engineering support to proposal documents.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Provides oversight for LV power engineering work activities for the Infrastructure business unit.
- These include:
- Overseeing the design activities for the various projects.
- Maintain the overall technical quality of work, including compliance with the various projects design criteria and standards, project procedures, relevant corporate standards, and local codes and regulations.
- Provides oversight for LV power engineering work and interfaces with other organizations, disciplines, vendors, consultants, and clients, as well as outside permitting agencies.
- Visit clients, project offices, subcontractors and consultant offices as needed to support the Infrastructure business unit needs.
- The position is responsible for providing oversight on the following
- Low voltage AC/DC distribution systems.
- Interfaces with the bulk supply points/substations.
- Inputs into the traction power plans and details showing general layout of equipment for substations and tie breaker stations.
- Work could include coordination with local power companies to obtain information regarding their substation design interfaces, incoming power.
- Structure and utility bonding
- Experience of working to RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) requirements.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of CENELEC standards EN50126, EN50128 & EN50129.
- Understands the application of Engineering Department Procedures, relevant Bechtel design guides. Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D), CAE to perform the work.
- Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Rail experience which includes both design and construction
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
- Skill in oral and written communication
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).