|Job Ref:||137879BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:53|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Development Engineer / Associate Director to join our Development Transport Planning team in our centrally located London office.
Our London team has an established track record of successfully delivering a wide variety of projects to local, national and international clients. The multi-disciplinary nature of the office also means that we are able to develop project teams from disciplines wider than transport to offer clients a true 'one stop shop'. Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local and national development related projects.
Our current and recent portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local and national development related projects including Discovery Park in Kent, Health Campus in Hertfordshire, Cove Club in Montenegro and Silvertown Quays in the London Borough of Newham.
As a Principal Development Engineer / Associate Director you will have the following responsibilities:
• Manage the London based development engineering team and liaise closely with Regional Director and teams in other offices.
• Liaise closely with our development planning team.
• Take an active role and assist in business development activities to maximise work from existing clients within and outside our organization and win work from new private sector companies and developers.
• Receive project brief and carry out briefing of the team members and lead on analysing data, development of design drawings and report production.
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
• Act as a Project Manager as necessary including monitoring financial performance.
• Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief.
• Prepare detailed design drawings and contract documents.
• Manage sub-consultants to produce deliverables against agreed timescales and in line with budget.
• Attend Project Progress meetings.
• Prepare detailed client briefs or fee proposals for manager approval and contribute to major bids.
• Proven design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
• Experience of roads/drainage/utility design associated with the Development sector at concept, feasibility and detailed level.
• Experience in private sector development engineering, delivering and managing residential, retail and mixed use schemes.
• Understanding of Health and Safety responsibilities.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise directly with clients.
• Experience with the application and use of the Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Traffic Signs Manuals (TSM) as well as other relevant design guidelines.
• Familiar with other software such as Civils3D and WinDes.
• Good knowledge and experience of contributing to bids and proposals.
• Line management and mentor experience.
• Ideally experience with preparation of designs for transport schemes to support development from masterplanning, through planning to construction.
• Ideally experience of Public Realm Design.
• Ideally experience with BIM and its application to development engineering projects.
• Knowledge of the planning process and associated procedure both pre and post approval.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Civil Engineering or a related subject.
• Chartered with one of the following, CIHT or ICE.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.