|Job Ref:||134582BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Midlothian||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:07|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Principal / Associate Reservoir Engineer to join our well-established and experienced Dams and Reservoirs team in our centrally located Edinburgh office.
The team is has a full programme of reservoir safety work from public and private clients on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects. Our clients include, water companies, contractors, private owners, industry regulators and agencies. We deliver solutions through out team of Engineers qualified under the UK Reservoirs Acts. Services include Supervision and Inspection of reservoirs, and implementation of upgrading works to meet current reservoir safety standards.
As a Principal / Associate Reservoir Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
• Lead the design of reservoir 'works in the interest of safety'.
• Supervision and Inspection of reservoirs if appropriately qualified under the Reservoirs Acts.
• Preparation of technical specifications and design reports.
• Ensuring all work is fully compliant with Health and Safety legislation, the CDM Regulations and other applicable codes.
• Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design reviews for projects.
• Contribute to group initiatives with respect to technical development / market sectors and processes.
• Assist with project management and build upon your knowledge to enable you to lead projects using project management systems.
• Assisting with and preparation of bid proposals and additional fee proposals.
• Supervising Engineer under the Reservoir Acts, with aspirations to join the All-Reservoirs Panel.
• Strong technical experience in some or all of the following:- water management, hydraulics, hydrology, geotechnical engineering and structures.
• Good report writing, communication and teamwork skills.
• Good capability with Microsoft office, including word and excel.
• Ideally degree educated in Civil or Water Engineering or equivalent.
• Chartered Engineer with ICE, CIWEM or equivalent.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.