Thales people design solutions that enable two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. In the UK, our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.|
As the Commercial Manager based in Crawley, you will support the achievement of Thales UK Avionics strategic objectives, to ensure compliance with ethical and contractual undertakings and to ensure the commercial integrity of commitments being made on behalf of the company. Working on own initiative, you will oversee the contractual affairs of a key customer in military avionics, throughout the entire project life cycle, encompassing the bidding for, negotiation of and subsequent management of contracts and customer relationships. Excellent opportunity to work in a close knit team, within a profitable business and offers scope to work between military and civil activities.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Serve as a focal point of contact for customers regarding contractual matters by establishing good customer relationship and communications
- Proactive participation in the business winning Core Bid Team, including:
- Generate the Commercial Response in accordance with the agreed strategy and customer requirement
- Assisting Bid Managers to generate Proposal Documentation (statement of work, Risk Register and Executive Summary) matched to Customer requirements
- Undertaking a commercial review of the full suite of proposal documents.
- Submission of proposal
- Ensuring that proposals to customers are priced, developed and approved in accordance with company procedures
- Prepare and review the response to customers proposed contractual agreements (NDAs, Teaming Agreements, TAAs, Contracts etc)
- Support the development and implementation of the negotiation strategy, including payment profiles and associated terms to meet the cash flow requirements of the business
- Prepare and negotiate new contracts and amendments to existing contracts and arrange for their approval
- Ensure a robust contract baseline is established and maintained, including contractual changes.
- Provide guidance on compliance to terms and conditions, identifying the flow down of such terms and conditions and supporting the assessment of ‘supply chain gap analysis’.
- Assist the sub contract management function by supporting subcontract negotiations as required
- Identification of potential liabilities, risks, issues and disputes, arising with customers, suppliers, partners and third parties, and produce innovative mitigation plans
- Interpret, when required, for the benefit of the broader project team, the contracted requirement Maintain contractual records, documentation of key correspondence, status and issue reports
How to apply
- You will have good commercial experience from a manufacturing or services industry, ideally avionics or military biased and be degree qualified.
- Preparation of commercial responses to contract terms and conditions.
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts and agreements.
- Awareness of commercial issues such as the significance of a change in customer requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to influence decisions.
To be considered for this key role, please click on the apply button.