|Job Ref:||R0010225||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||21/10/2016 22:01|
required : LUL LUCAS Certified
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The development and optimisation of the GTS Fields Services Organisation has lead to an opportunity for an experienced Technical Author to join the Test and Commissioning Team.
This is a vital role that will enable the production of technical documentation and verification of technical information for both our clients externally and internally.
The key focus is to ensure we provide a consistent quality of technical documentation and information across UK Field Services.
The post holder will be required to work unsocial hours at short notice and/or a shift pattern that will change dependant on project and resourcing requirements. (the THALES shift allowance is 1.3 for overtime and night shift, it is 1.5 for weekends)
As a technical author, your work would typically involve:
- producing new documents
- updating or rewriting existing documents
- collecting relevant, often very complex, information
- presenting the information in the simplest and most appropriate way
- Client Document Control
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Responsible for writing standard technical documentation in accordance with project requirements and company policies, and produce updates to documents in support of engineering changes
- Produce and manage the installation, testing and support documentation for the field services team
- Collect and collate evidential documentation to support internal and external audit requirements.
- Compilation of evidence and Production of formal reports or Publications for internal and external clients
- Background working within London Underground environment or Network Rail
- Experience of technical writing
- Communications experience
- Experience in a project environment with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience within signalling commissioning/maintenance team
- Technical Communications/Professional Writing qualification
- MS Office Skills
- Adobe suite proficiency
Thales UK touches all of our lives, every day. Our expertise in secure network communications safeguards as many as 3.7 billion BACS transactions, worth around £1 trillion, every year. We are a leader in onboard equipment for civil and military aircraft.
What we do
Thales UK: Transport
Transport networks around the world rely on technology and systems expertise from Thales for safety, reliability and optimised capacity. Our main markets in the UK are urban rail, mainline rail and roads, where our solutions include signalling (train control, axle counters, interlockings, train protection and warning systems, services), supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information management.
What we offer you
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs.
We value talent and provide growth paths to all depending on the individual skills and abilities to move up the ladder.
With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries and 43% of all Thales UK roles being filled via internal movements our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields.
to be part of the THALES team please apply below: