|Job Ref:||137916BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:52|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Application of Skills & Knowledge
Scope & Impact
Technical & Professional
• Develops body of knowledge and skills relevant to work and role requirements
• Actively seeks self-development opportunities and contributes to the wider body of knowledge in AECOM
• Applies body of knowledge and skills to role
• Ensures contribution is in line with business direction and professional excellence
Commercial & Business
• Understands the importance of clients to AECOM's business
• Acts to satisfy client and business expectations
• Understands the business environment in which the company operates
• Considers the wider financial and wider commercial implications of his/her actions
Operational & Interpersonal
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Structures and prioritises work effectively
• Identifies core of a problem, generates and implements practical solutions
• Develops strong working relations inside and outside the team to achieve common goals
• Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results
• Understands how his/her role contributes to AECOM's success; actions demonstrate this understanding
• Relevant HNC
• Member of IRSE
• ISRE Designer Licence
• Demonstrably proficient in signal design roles
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.