The PLA Manager is responsible for working within our team and with Authorities having jurisdiction in the planning and submittal of applications. To perform this role successfully, the Permits, Licenses and Approvals (PLA) Manager shall be responsible for but not limited to the following: |
- Work within the team to finalize the various permits required for the different elements of the project
- Communicate with the design team and other teams; the deliverables required for the permit applications
- Create and maintain spreadsheets that will list the permits and deliverables
- Assemble the permit applications
- Collect information from jurisdictional agencies, and effectively communicates the status of each permit to the Project and Design Engineers
- Interact with jurisdictional employees and work with the Project and Design Engineers to resolve any redline issues with the submittal and communicate any upcoming requirement changes with stakeholders
- Manage and support third party vendors to assist with local support for the submittal of permit documents to jurisdictions as needed
- Ensure that relevant records are maintained and retained in accordance with the standards and approval processes
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years' experience in the construction industry; including design and installations
- 5+ years' experience with project management in the construction industry; transit industry preferred
- Experience working with jurisdictional agencies and permitting processes
- Experience in obtaining approvals from municipal and jurisdictional authorities - preference to experience within GTA
- Knowledge and/or experience interacting with Utilities and Transportation companies would be an asset
- Knowledge of environmental approvals would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills, and high attention to detail is necessary
- Valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation
- Willing and able to travel as required
Date Req Created
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.