Requisition ID: |
Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors. Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction. Performs all functions and responsibilities in accordance with the company's values and beliefs.
- Supervisory responsibility for the mined tunnel excavation face and associated works.
- Supervising the execution of the mined tunnel excavation including installation of initial and final lining, grouting, spiling, canopy tube installation, and other elements of the tunnel works, appurtenant structures and subsurface facilities.
- Responsible for the safety, quality, and timely completion of the construction.
- Must be available at all times during the mined tunnel excavation activities.
- Informing the Mined Tunnel Superintendent of issues relating to safety, productivity, ground conditions, and other factors; ensuring remedial measures are determined and implemented promptly.
- Reviewing daily instrumentation measurement readings during excavation, interpreting these results, and developing action plans as necessary.
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports on geologic conditions as encountered during excavation for the Client.
- Working closing under the guidance and direction of the Mined Tunnel Superintendent.
- Track daily quantities to ensure schedule and budgets are being achieved.
- Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear trackable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction.
- Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions.
- Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise the Project Manager and Superintendent of the status of RFIs.
- Maintain and update the Shop Drawing Log, review Shop Drawings and submittals.
- Coordinate submittals and procure all close-out documents including warranties and Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents.
- Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues. Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work as required.
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
- Attend project co-ordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as requested or required.
- Obtain job-related photographs for records.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by supervision.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in underground construction, including five years' experience with NATM / SEM for tunnel construction
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Proficiency in department's computer system, department software, and typing necessary.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related project staff and the community.
- Must be fluent in the English language (written and verbal)
Shaping tomorrow together
- Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training plus 10 years of experience.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.