• Day to day liaison with EPC contractor, client and the project manager in resolving design /construction related issues at site.
• Assists Construction Manager/Project Manager in verifying weekly / monthly progress reports, claims / EOT claims.
• Oversees the daily construction activities at the work site to meet the project progress and quality goals.
• Manages directly and provide engineering and technical supports to all the work groups / inspectors at site.
• Participating in site progress meetings, construction and commissioning meetings etc.
• Witness and support commissioning and plant acceptance tests.
• Monitor the site progress against the approved construction program and highlight any delays or conflicts in the schedule
• Perform quality inspections.
• Contribution in preparation of site progress reports
• Reviewing installation method statements, field quality plans, commissioning and testing procedures.
• Submit site daily reports, inspection requests, estimates and all applicable monitoring reports on regular basis or as required
• Conduct system walk-downs to identify and log defects and rectification measures in a punch list
• Participate in monthly progress meetings, site progress meetings, commissioning meetings, etc.
• Witness and report on functional, commissioning and plant acceptance tests
Understanding of local construction codes and practices
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• At least 10 years of experience in coal/ gas fired power plant construction and commissioning
• Good technical knowledge and practical experience
• Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels in English. Mandarin skills would be an added advantage as need to deal with mandarin speaking contractors
• Well versed in interpreting design and construction drawings