Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||R0010250||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||21/10/2016 22:01|
HSE Manager |
London – Westferry
Following THALES’ successful partnership with London Underground (LUL), modernising London’s Underground signalling infrastructure on the Jubilee and Northern Lines (JNUP), we have secured the £800million Four Lines Modernisation Progamme (4LM).
THALES is delivering an Automatic Train Control (ATC) system for four of London Underground’s Sub Surface Rail (SSR) lines: District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City. The programme has a five year duration and is a comprehensive solution including management, design, development, manufacturing, supply, delivery, construction, installation, integration, testing, commissioning and migration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a HSE Manager to join our Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) business’ Health & Safety team.
We are offering the opportunity to develop within an established, highly regarded, Health & Safety function, working across a range of Transportation projects and this is an excellent, development opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety professional with the ability to drive and deliver existing Health & Safety strategy through hands-on team leadership at site operations level.
It is a full time, permanent position, based in Canary Wharf.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that contract HSE requirements, HSE Plans, and other relevant documentation are implemented, monitored and reviewed. Also that reporting of HSE performance is conducted in accordance with Client and contractual requirements.
- Assist and support in the development and promotion of behavioural based safety and safety leadership activities
- Providing health and safety knowledge and advisory support to other disciplines and co-ordination and control of subcontractors H&S programs.
- Provision of training and support to the project to ensure that targeted education and literature is provided to improve the legislative and safety awareness of those that require it.
- Act as an interface between the contracts (GTS) on HSE related issues.
- Maintaining an effective operational relationship between GTS and all suppliers and subcontractors.
- Assist in the organisation of the structure of the HSE team from Team Leaders through to advisors.
- Ensure efficient deployment of the resources.
- Assist the Head of HSE Operations to manage budgeted costs accordingly.
- Define and organise the logic of HSE work.
- Promote and assist with HSE Enhancement/Improvement Plans.
- Ensure that investigations are performed and acted upon for all HS&E Accidents, Incidents and Hazards.
- Act on the HSE feedback collected throughout the contract.
- Communicate on behalf of the contract with external bodies in respect of HSE.
- Consult with project and engineering management on methodologies and standards.
- Approve Method Statements and SSI’s.
- Maintain HSE KPI’s.
- Establish and operate a system(s) for managing preventative and corrective actions. Implement statistical analysis of problems in order to identify trends.
- Aid the development of HSE strategy and take the lead on implementing improvement initiatives for the project.
- Attend, and present, Health, Safety & Environmental issues at both the Senior Management Meeting and client review meetings.
- Act as escalation point of contact in the event of accidents and serious incidents.
- Assist and support in the development and promotion of behavioural based safety and safety leadership activities.
Skills & Attributes
- An experienced Health & Safety Manager, ideally with experience in rail or construction industry.
- Ability to manage a team of HSE professionals
- Knowledge of behaviour based safety, leadership and change
- Understanding of ISO9001:2008, ISO14001:2004 and OHSAS18001; 2007
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels with key stakeholders.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access software packages.
Desirable Skills & Attributes
- NEBOSH level 3 Qualification
- General Health, Safety and Environmental Management experience within the rail or construction industry