|Job Ref:||137006BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:59|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our Building Services team in our Glasgow office.
Our Glasgow operation is a multidisciplinary office with 190 staff covering Building Engineering, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Transportation, Water, Energy & Environmental consultancy. The Building Engineering team has over 40 engineers whose projects cover education, health, commercial, industrial and local government, UK and international projects.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will effectively manage all aspects of project delivery from a commercial, managerial and technical perspective;
- Act as client liaison and mechanical engineering technical lead
- Undertake project reviews and checking in accordance with QA procedures; define mechanical engineering strategies;
- Undertake feasibility works across numerous project types;
- Undertake line manager responsibility for a mechanical engineering team;
- Prepare fee proposals for submission to clients, including resources and programme.
You will possess:
- Mechanical engineering experience in a building services related role leading small to medium projects as mechanical technical lead
- Experience in line management or team management preferable
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering practices, techniques and procedures and interfaces with design team and client needs.
- Understanding of design principles and ability to practically apply them and tailor them to new challenges.
- Good, clear communicator (verbal and written) able to direct teams effectively and discuss technical solutions effectively with clients and design teams
- Ideally Degree qualified with MEng/MSc in Engineering preferred
- CEng required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.