Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
We are currently recruiting for a Fire, Safety and Health Administrator to actively support Managers and Supervisors in administration requirements.
- Act as the first point of contact for client health and safety enquiries
- Manage and maintain the DSE database, including follow up of new starters and producing periodic progress reports
- Raising work orders, procuring equipment and following up actions with regards to Reasonable adjustments for clients
- Manage and maintain the Accident and Incident reporting database, including follow up actions and investigations and contribute to producing reports
- Support the health and safety training programme including room bookings, production of presentations, delegate information and maintenance of training records
- Assist in the review of Risk assessments and dissemination/publication of results and ensuring completions are correctly recorded via SEVRON
- Compiling effective communications e.g. management information for clients, health and safety bulletins and newsletters
- Prepare and update action plans, inspection reports and liaise with site Facilities Managers or Coordinators as required
- Provide admin support in arranging meetings with Trade unions, health and safety committees, committee minutes and agenda.
- Liaise with and contribute report to Interserve QSHE team to support reports
- Maintain an Estate wide up to date First aid register and support first aiders by arranging training in a timely manner and review and publish quarterly
- Assist in the maintenance of an estate wide Register of Fire Wardens, review and publish quarterly
- Liaise with clients and external organizations as required
- Set up Safety Meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with all statutory requirements and corporate policies including, but not limited to, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, and Employment Legislation.
- Accountable for the ensuring documentation and quality systems are maintained to a high level
- Ensure positive communications with customers and staff. Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure all directives in relation to changes and development in legislation and working practices that may affect the company's operations and/or present new opportunities are effectively monitored through audit systems
- Maintain the highest standards of presentation, personal integrity and customer support
- Actively contribute to development and delivery of 'one' Interserve business
- Ensure that all aspects of sustainability are considered and promoted not only to contract specific standards but as an additional source of revenue.
What we are looking for
- Communicator (verbal and written)
- Achieving and Doing
- Builds Relationships
- Business Awareness
- Contributing to continuous improvement
- Customer Focus
- Strong administrative skills
- Ensuring deadlines are hit
- Planning and Organising
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.