|Job Ref:||TRCS-ZAJG01140303||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||South Africa||City:||Johannesburg||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 22:06|
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.|
At Bombardier, 70.000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier's Rail Control Solutions (RCS) division, is a world leader in developing, engineering and installing rail control and signalling safety systems, products and services. RCS - Optimizing the Flow of Trains.
If you have experience from and are interested in working in a truly international organization, apply for our exciting Sub Sahara Africa Project Programme Director role, in Johannesburg or Durban (South Africa).
The Sub Sahara Africa Project Programme Director role acts within the boundaries of the contract(s) with delegated authority to deliver the object(s) of the contract(s) to the customer(s). He/ she will lead the project(s) and cope with the unique challenge of continuously focusing on pro-active management and leadership of all Project Managers, ensuring all risks and opportunities are properly addressed and mitigated.
Functional duties to the project core team:
• To lead the project and cope with the unique challenge of continuously focusing on a pro-active management that the functions keep their delegated budgets, meet their schedules and deliver on their obligation.
• To lead the Core Team members in the successful completion of assigned tasks to the required quality within schedule, allocated budgets and scope and with a full project view that encompasses areas outside own division together with the overall impact of the project on Bombardier performance.
• To ensure that all Core Team members have sufficient financial and reporting governance and that all risks and opportunities are properly addressed and mitigated.
• Responsible to apply the key Project Management Processes and applicable tools and is accountable for the strict and efficient application thereof.
• Management of the WBS, Detailed Project Schedule, JDDP, Customer Interface, Risk & Opportunity Management, Project Improvement Management, Project Launch (including the Orange Book) Change Management and Contractual Obligation Management, Budget allocation and monitoring, Project Reporting internally both status and financial performance.
• To provide the interface with the Customer and our internal functions and to develop and maintain effective relationships.
• To manage cross-functional meetings and close-out any issues arising, ensuring that all stakeholders are fully aware of their obligations/responsibilities to the project.
• To review the effort of the Core Team members and to give directives related to the project execution.
• To be involved in the PMP objective setting process for all Core Team members.
• To define and secure the support of the business partners and extended project team.
• The Project Programme Director must adapt his/her leadership and motivational skills to the project team members' capabilities and knowledge, the time and tools available and the results desired.
Leadership duties to the Project Managers:
• This position will require the provision of leadership and direction to the subordinate Project Managers with both support and liaison across other functions of the business including business partners and extended project teams
• Responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction at all times and to ensure there is clear communication to all parties /stakeholders
• Lead the programme effort to meet periodic financial targets
• The Project Programme Director must adapt his/her leadership and motivational skills to the project team members' capabilities and knowledge, the time and tools available and the results desired. (S)he will develop strategies to increase team effectiveness and motivation.
Line Manager Project Managers:
• As line manager s(he) will have a responsibility for the performance of his/ her team and the individuals within the team (ie develop and improve their function).
• (S)he will have the role to translate organisational objectives into individual objectives (ie conduct PMP).
• Will have a formal responsibility to monitor employee performance, provide coaching / feedback and to facilitate employee development throughout the year (ie conduct PMP and salary reviews, facilitate the development of their employees' competence).
• Being appointed to a line manager means though that there are policies, practices, laws and collective agreements that need to be fulfilled in a certain way (ie lead and represent their employees to management, represent the company towards their own employees).
Specific responsibilities to other roles/functions
It is also the mandate of the Project Programme Director to interact within the cluster, to which the portfolio may belong, in order to:
• Utilize resources.
• Prioritisation between project execution, sales and bid activities.
• Management of GA and SA products (re-use of solutions, increased standardisation, improved requirement capturing, homologation etc).
• Smooth transition to Service and warranty.
• Develop partner strategies.
• Master's or higher degree in engineering.
• At least 8 to 10 years of relevant previous work experience (and at least 4 years of proven leadership experience).
• Excellent knowledge of rails industry, safety and quality standards.
• Proven leadership skills (in a multinational environment, working with global teams).
• Advanced English language skills are.
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills (on different levels with project core team, management, customer, partners etc).
• Good track record of delivering complex projects to Rail Infrastructure customers.
• Proven experience in performance project management techniques and project planning.
• Willingness to travel - depending on project requirements.
• Experience of working within consortium environments and as a consortium leader.
• Excellent understanding and interpreting of financial figures.
• Experience of identifying and handling risk/opportunity.
• The ability to understand the business implications of decisions and proactively use this information to improve project performance.
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Do you recognize yourself in the description? If so, apply now online with your letter of motivation as well as your detailed CV in English.
Join us! Your ideas will move people.
For more information about our projects and products or if you want to 'meet' with our global recruiting team, please join our career groups on LinkedIn or visit our careers website: company website