- The Materials Coordinator will report to the ESMSA Site Manager and will be responsible for the receipt, recording, storing, issuance tracking and planning of critical materials and equipment. This role will require continuous communication with all project team members, and will be responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvements of material handling methods.
- Res ponsible for the receipt, storage location maintenance, issuance and tracking of materials and equipment; coordinate, support, prepare and review delivery documents to/from site;
- Interpret and complete materials take offs from project drawings. This would also include checking or validating the drafted supplied drawings.
- Expediting of Materials and Services in order to meet project schedules
- Prepares material data packages.
- Co-ordination of work with project team including QC / Procurement / Project Management and Field Engineering
- Cycle count verification and maintaining a high degree of inventory accuracy.
- Ente rs receipts and other associated essential data into the Project database (PM+) or other similar system as defined by the Project;
- Follow the Project specific Mate rial Control Plan, Project Quality Assurance and Receiving Inspection
- Ens ures that all materials are correctly identified, safely stored, and preserved in accordance with the manufacturer's requirements
- Follows the Pr oject Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Follows the Project, Aecon and SNC Lavalin Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Procurement Tracking Tool interface with Refurb
- Providing Material Status reports to the PM.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Technical (Engineering or Engineering Technology) education
- 3+ years of engineering and/or construction project experience, experience in materials management, and logistics an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
- Ability to deliver and perform tasks with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of SharePoint and PM+ applications an asset
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.