Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||ORE000K||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Ohio||City:||Oregon||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:02|
We engineer for lasting impact. |
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit NA to explore our success, expertise and global reach.
Monitors, operates and maintains all equipment and systems associated with the operation of
the facility via a control system in a safe, reliable and efficient manner in full compliance with all
applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. The OMT inspects equipment for proper
lubrication, cooling water, vibration, noise, overheating and overall operational status. The OMT
also ensures plant compliance to environmental/chemical safety agencies. The OMT reports
malfunctions to the Control Room Operator in order for proper response.
1. Operates, monitors and maintains all equipment and supporting systems, i.e. HRSG,
water treatment, cooling towers, condensate system and all BOP systems.
2. Troubleshoots equipment and systems and provides/performs corrective action;
operates systems in remote or local control to determine proper operation. Performs
failure analysis to determine cause of equipment/system malfunction.
3. Lock Out/Tag Out of equipment; verifies failure to start before maintenance is performed.
Must be able to qualify in procedures for Lockout/Tagout of equipment and follow same;
verifies failure to release energy (Start) before maintenance is performed.
4. Performs, or assists, in routine maintenance functions as may be required on all
equipment and systems per procedures as necessary: minor repairs, add oil, tighten
belts, and perform misc. repairs to maintain plant operational. Assists maintenance as
5. Assists Lead Operator in the safe and efficient operations of the plant. Aids the Lead
Operator in monitoring the plant's efficiency via the heat rate performance monitoring
6. Maintains necessary chemical stocks required for acceptable operations. Orders and
stores chemicals in compliance with environmental and safety regulations and estimates
projected usage and specifications for purchasing.
7. Completes all training/qualifications required to be an OMT.
8. Responsible for plant housekeeping and heavy equipment operation, maintains plant
cleanliness, operates front-end loader and bulldozer as required.
9. Forklift operation and Waldon/Bobcat. Completes pre-operation inspection check sheets
for rolling equipment.
10. Collects and reviews data and prepare reports, including status reports, data sheets,
analytical test results, logbook entries, and local/state/federal environmental reporting,
concerning the chemical conditions and status of process equipment and systems.
11. Completes all applicable record logs (i.e. supporting system equipment rounds, pre-jobs,
chemical unloading, check sheets, etc.).
12. Participates, as necessary, in the development of new testing procedures which would
enhance the generation of important data. Provides technical input for operation and
maintenance training programs.
13. Provides training (safety and operational) of new hires and recently promoted
employees. Receives training to further your knowledge, prepare yourself for
advancement and maintain safety awareness training. Lead Operators-trains with
Maintenance (outage - scheduled or unscheduled).
14. Reviews and prepares chemical and safety procedures and conducts chemical safety
audits. Prepares material and leads training sessions (i.e. safety meeting, procedure
review and system training).
15. Must be able to work scheduled hours, overtime, both scheduled and unscheduled, on
days of relief and beyond regular work schedule and to perform shift work, including
holidays, nights and weekends.
16. Other duties as assigned.
17. Follows all safety/environmental policies, procedures, rules and participates in training.
Promotes the Company's OneWay to Zero Harm vision through actions and conduct.
18. Follows all Company policies and expectations and behaving in a manner that promotes
the Company's values and positively effects morale.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
1. High school diploma with industrial background with two (2) years' experience in a power
plant environment preferred. Associates in Power Plant Tech Degree preferred.
2. Specific knowledge, mechanical ability, working knowledge of equipment and plant
systems and boiler water chemistry knowledge. Demonstrate knowledge of various plant
3. Communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to learn and train others. Must have
mechanical and hand tool skills.
4. Ability to pass respirator fit tests to use respiratory protective equipment at all times.
5. Must have mechanical and hand tool skills.
6. Must be able to speak, write and understand English.
7. Ability to work scheduled hours, overtime, both scheduled and unscheduled, on days of
relief and beyond regular work schedule. Ability to perform shift work, including holidays, nights
8. Be able to operate computer (e-mail, Excel, WORD & training, etc).
Incumbent may be required to work in conditions where hazardous material and /or toxic fumes
could be present. Additionally, incumbent will be exposed to areas of high heat, loud noise,
steam, combustible gases, rotating machinery and other conditions normally encounter in an
operating generation facility.
When you join WorleyParsons you'll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace, that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a very diverse population of people that reflects the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. We also work flexibly at WorleyParsons and are open to a range of proposals about what arrangements would best suit our people's needs.
W orleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Our Culture and the Way We Work
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our values of Leadership, Performance, Relationships and Agility and our "Way We Work" behaviors sit at the heart of this culture. Learn about Our Culture and Way We Work behaviours and imagine the impact you will make.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with WorleyParsons.