Requisition ID: |
The position is for a Network Planner. Successful applicant will possess extensive experience in PON/FTTH technology. The candidate will also have a deep understanding of the FTTH-related technology, architecture, design, planning, and engineering aspects. This includes FTTH equipment (i.e., ONT, OLT), as well as fiber Outside Plant design issues. Background in HFC, Deep Fiber Node architecture is a huge plus. Specific duties may include, but not limited to:
- Suporting strategic opportunities arising from customers in regions that are looking to deploy FTTH on their networks or are looking for direction on how to support FTTH services on their network.
- Developing a business strategy for supporting FTTH, taking into account the service provider's business environment, present mode of operation, alternative technology strategies, vendor product offerings, and maturity.
- Developing solution architectures for FTTH deployment.
- Performing impact analysis of the recommended solution on the service provider's network, services, and customer experience.
- Supporting the development of technical requirements for FTTH deployment
- Providing guidance and input during the delivery of the solution to various teams.
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve in even the most challenging environments with limited supervision.
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
- Good decision making, analytical, and problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues.
- Good time management.
Basic Qualifications :
- A minimum ofthree (3) years of experience in a service provider environment is required. .
- Minimum offive (5) years of detailed planning and design of Fiber networks
- Must have a very sound understanding of GIS-based modeling and be familiar with industry tools.
- Sound understanding of outside plant - sizing ducts, manholes, hand holes, locating splitters, and sizing of ODF, distribution and feeder routes.
- Deep understanding of fiber access technologies, interoperability of products, associated standards and generic requirements (e.g., Telcordia GR-909, GR-303; ITU-T G.983/G.984).
- Experience with CAD systems.
- Detailed understanding of architecture and design considerations for GPON and Next Generation PON technologies
- Detailed understanding at Fiber component level.
- Direct experience with FTTP and FTTC related service provider deployments.
- Experience with FTTx vendor products.
- Familiarity with outside plant, splicing, and construction-related activities - process and operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Candidates with advanced degrees will be given preference
- Professional Engineering License
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.