Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||27689BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Raleigh||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
This role will be responsible for developing 3D model based drawings for permit and bid set documents. The candidate should have some familiarity with engineering and design in one or more of the following disciplines: Process/Mechanical, Architectural, Structural and Building Mechanical (HVAC & Plumbing) with a basic knowledge of drafting and construction practices. Responsibilities include ensuring the design drawings & layouts are complete, meet Black & Veatch requirements, applicable codes & standards, and shall be compliant with recommended practices, sketches, notes and any written or verbal instructions given, as well as all project design requirements. |
This role will be responsible for developing documents using Autodesk Revit. In addition, the successful candidate should be experienced in.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Engineering Standards: Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement: Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by continually developing knowledge of the B&V Quality Program. Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
Engineering Production: Broadens knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs. May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
Project Coordination: May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes.
• Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design related technology preferred. Diploma or certificate required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the Engineering, Architectural and/or construction industry
• Familiarity of Autodesk Navisworks
• Non-technical: Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Perseverance, Patience, Time Management, Drive for Results, Self-Development, External & Internal Client Focus, Listening, Informing
Preferred Job Qualifications
• An understanding of a discipline at a CAD detail level
• Experience with Autodesk Navisworks
• Experience with collaboration applications such as Bluebeam Studio and/or cloud based services like A360
• Experience with infrastructure related projects including Water/Wastewater Treatment plants, process piping & equipment layout are a plus.
• Process piping & equipment engineering/design experience is also preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females