Built Ecology - Building Performance Consultant - Boston, MA|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
About the Job
Built Ecology is WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff's specialist sustainability and high performance design consulting service. Built Ecology provides building design advice, backed by rigorous technical analysis, in the pursuit of achieving exceptional building performance outcomes. Built Ecology has been directly responsible for driving many leading projects across the globe, including LEED Platinum buildings, Living Building Challenge projects, net zero water and net zero energy projects. Our designs are typically highly innovative solutions, integrated into architectural and engineering systems documentation to generate truly unique outcomes. An ideal candidate would:
• Be passionate about the built environment, the habitat and experience it provides for its occupants and the impact it has on the external environment and resource consumption
• Have a strong drive for innovation and for the creation of buildings that deliver on ambitious aspirations for high performance
• Have a background in sustainability and high performance design consulting
• Have a desire to further your career by helping to further build a team dedicated to the delivery of high performance buildings
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Contributions to the growth and development of a team of high performance design specialists within the Boston office. This will include meeting and exceeding the expectation of internal and external stakeholders for the delivery of a quality client experience in delivering consulting services
• Delivery of high performance design analysis and project design advice of a high technical standard, integrated across architecture and building systems.
• Managing LEED projects and documenting compliance with credit requirements.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor and/or Master's Degree in a building design related discipline that could include: Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Architecture, Building Science or similar
• 2 or more years of experience
• Preferably: LEED AP and/or Professional Engineer and/or Registered Architect
• Technical skills in the analysis of building design performance. This experience will include detailed knowledge of HVAC systems and energy modeling and ideally: bulk air flow modeling, systems modeling, thermal comfort analysis, daylight analysis, visual comfort analysis and computational fluid dynamics.
• Provide key technical design input parameters to architectural, mechanical, electrical and lighting designs for the development of design and construction documentation to achieve performance benchmarks
• Be able to interface with clients, leading project discussions on sustainability and present your own high performance design work with clarity and conviction,
• Project history that includes built projects with delivered sustainability outcomes that may include LEED projects, Net Zero Energy projects or Living Building Challenge projects.
• Preferably: Prior experience in selling sustainability and high performance design services to the building design community
• Demonstrated the ability to build an industry profile through active participation in industry conferences and interest groups