|Job Ref:||R0010645||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Date:||25/10/2016 22:01|
Canary Wharf, London
Following THALES’ successful partnership with London Underground (LUL), modernising London’s underground signalling infrastructure on the Jubilee and Northern upgrade project (JNUP), we have secured the £760million 4 Lines Modernisation Programme (4LM).
THALES is delivering an Automatic Train Control (ATC) system for four of London Underground’s Sub Surface Rail (SSR) lines: District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City. The programme has a five year duration and is a comprehensive solution including management, design, development, manufacturing, supply, delivery, construction, installation, integration, testing, commissioning and migration. THALES UK are working in collaboration with the client and our colleagues in Canada and India to deliver this project.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to provide a considerable contribution to the 4LM project through financial responsibility, overall change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder management across this flagship, multi-national programme.
This is an excellent, development opportunity for an ambitious individual and is a key position within the 4LM project team; offering the opportunity to manage and contribute to a portfolio of project streams and a platform to progress into a leadership position.
This is a full time, permanent position based in our client’s Westferry offices, Canary Wharf.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all aspects of programme governance are in place:
• Budget management – margin and revenue maintained
• Planning – Delivery schedule maintained
• Quality – Metrics available demonstrating adherence to Quality plan
- Facilitate Project Execution
- Actively manage both Risk and Opportunities
- Report to Management on the progress and performance of the project
- Manage sub-contractors, ensuring flow through of customer requirements and supplier performance
- Manage, develop and motivate project team
- Manage all project stakeholders; ensuring strong communications are established and maintained
- Ensure appropriate Project Governance
Skills & Attributes
- Extensive experience of Project Management within Rail, Transportation or a transferable project environment
- Experience in Project Managing projects > £10m
- Demonstrable knowledge of THALES and our project environment
- Experience working with Signalling technology
- Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
- A proven and empowering leader within a matrix style organisation
- Extensive client and stakeholder management
- A “strategic approach” to dealing with partners, clients and staff
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- An ability to embrace and encourage change.
- Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, best practice supply chain and finance functions.
- The ability to interface with clients at a senior level
- Commercial/financial/business acumen
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment
- Prince/APM qualified
- Engineering or Business Degree
- Background in/knowledge of the System Engineering lifecycle
- Experience with equipment qualification and product approvals, particularly in a rail context
- Experience working with SelTrac
- Experience in LU Rolling Stock and on-board technology
- Knowledge of a range of transportation solutions (eg. Signalling, Train control, Communication and safety systems)